cpsc48 or circupool rj45

timdog

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 18, 2011
So beyond the basics, is the circupool worth the increased cost?

- I have a 30' AGP, with somewhere around 22k in it with the 54" walls.
- I am running a Speck 2-speed pump, 1HP and 1/8th. Just put it up at the end of last summer, and had it running 24/7 since at low speed it was less than $2/day.
- I anticipated a SWG for this year and see some of them have timers to control the pump. I was thinking I was going with the CPSC, but have been made aware of a deal on the CP's...but it is still more $ and good for 45K. Last year I committed to the BBB method with awesome results, but will be travelling a lot his summer and want to make life easy on the wife.

So I am looking to the more knowledgeable to help guide my course. What am I missing between the 2?

Thanks in advance,
Tim

I think the cells (99% sure) and the power supplies (80%) are the same. I've got the CPSC 48 and have been very satisfied with its performance. The CPSC 48 was cheaper than the circupool when I purchased mine. I think Circupool provides a jet that supposed to increase the mixing, but I believe it's just hype.

Thanks Bobo,
I think I went through this thought process a couple of months ago...but the winter (albeit mild) has eradicated summer thoughts from my cranium. The following are the differences I noticed:

- Even thought the RJ45 has a 7 yr warranty, it is only 100% for the first yr, then goes down 20% a yr until it hits 20% or replacement value for yrs 5-7.
- The cpsc48 has a pro-rated warranty after the 1st yr as well, although I couldn't find much reference to it.
- The cpsc48 has a built in timer, the RJ does not...but the RJ has a jet which is useless to my install in an AGP.
- The RJ has a built in salinity sensor, the cpsc does not.

They both can be had for around $750 right now, but the cpsc is rated for 60k while the RJ is for 45k. Not sure if the rest of the differences make up the value I'm seeing in the cpsc.
My concern was I run my pump 24 hrs/day and would I be able to drop the cpsc to a level that I can maintain that functionality.

Tim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.