Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: cpsc48 or circupool rj45

1. Back To Top    #1

cpsc48 or circupool rj45

So beyond the basics, is the circupool worth the increased cost?

- I have a 30' AGP, with somewhere around 22k in it with the 54" walls.
    - I am running a Speck 2-speed pump, 1HP and 1/8th. Just put it up at the end of last summer, and had it running 24/7 since at low speed it was less than $2/day.
    - I anticipated a SWG for this year and see some of them have timers to control the pump. I was thinking I was going with the CPSC, but have been made aware of a deal on the CP's...but it is still more $ and good for 45K. Last year I committed to the BBB method with awesome results, but will be travelling a lot his summer and want to make life easy on the wife.

So I am looking to the more knowledgeable to help guide my course. What am I missing between the 2?

Thanks in advance,
    Tim

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: cpsc48 or circupool rj45

I think the cells (99% sure) and the power supplies (80%) are the same. I've got the CPSC 48 and have been very satisfied with its performance. The CPSC 48 was cheaper than the circupool when I purchased mine. I think Circupool provides a jet that supposed to increase the mixing, but I believe it's just hype.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Bobo,
    I think I went through this thought process a couple of months ago...but the winter (albeit mild) has eradicated summer thoughts from my cranium. The following are the differences I noticed:

- Even thought the RJ45 has a 7 yr warranty, it is only 100% for the first yr, then goes down 20% a yr until it hits 20% or replacement value for yrs 5-7.
    - The cpsc48 has a pro-rated warranty after the 1st yr as well, although I couldn't find much reference to it.
    - The cpsc48 has a built in timer, the RJ does not...but the RJ has a jet which is useless to my install in an AGP.
    - The RJ has a built in salinity sensor, the cpsc does not.

They both can be had for around $750 right now, but the cpsc is rated for 60k while the RJ is for 45k. Not sure if the rest of the differences make up the value I'm seeing in the cpsc.
    My concern was I run my pump 24 hrs/day and would I be able to drop the cpsc to a level that I can maintain that functionality.

Tim

4. Back To Top    #4

The CPSC does have a salinity sensor, High/Low and digital readout.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

5. Back To Top    #5

According to user guide for Circupool RJ series, there is an option to use the built in timer.
    35K gallon plaster IGP, free form, spa with spill-over; Sta-Rite 2HP pump; KDI American 48sq.ft., 144GPM DE filter; Pentair MiniMax heater; pressure side The PoolCleaner; Circupool RJ45