Finally Putting up Pictures of my Pool and Deck from 2011!

Red Shirt Ensign

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 10, 2011
Here are the pics for my Pool and Deck that we put in last season.... Looking at these makes me feel like all the hard work was worth it and I'm ready for 2012 opening!

Pool, per my Signature, along with the Veranda Composite Decking (Brazilian Walnut)

My water is BBB via TFP... thanks everyone who helped us get there from this site!

IMG_2436.JPG

IMG_2440.JPG

IMG_2447.JPG

IMG_2457.JPG

IMG_2459.JPG

IMG_2460.JPG

Re: Finally Putting up Pictures of my Pool and Deck from 201

The decking gets very hot though... and even on a moderate sun day it needs a splash from the pool to keep the feet from getting too toasty... not recommended for the southern climate ! I'm in the Cleveland area! They make this in a light gray that would probably be the default choice for the south

Thanks.... and never to be stained either... Swim time instead of stain time was my motto! just a light wash this spring will be perfect.

The Verdana decking is PVC coated so it should last a long long time Trex and older Verdana had a composition that was leading to premature failures but this versin should hold up well
that same coating must be the reason it retains heat so well too!

Thanks Dave, I did the design and the landscaping. and of course I used your products to test and maintain the beautiful blue water !!

I should definitely mention my Deck guy before people think I have that kind of skill ;-) , he was the one who did the heavy lifting and his wife did the pictures. http://www.decksandeffects.net
Dean is one of the most friendly and communicative contractors I have ever had the privilege to work with.
Their workmanship was great, his cousin Rod was also great (and funnny as heck). I love how well they trimmed the deck to the lip of the pool. Its perfect all the way around.

Non Contractor related: The worst part of the overall installation is the pool cover reel. If (and when) I have it to do all over I would have to do that over the center of the pool. The design is such that if I have it over the center I could swing it away from the pool. The bearings in the roller are the cheapest plastic and they just don't hold up. they say don't use a .16 mil cover and I have a .12 but the bearings don't last long before they break up into plastic dust and bits and pieces. already got new ones on warranty, but I'll be lucky if they last the season.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Initially planned to do something similar, the decking was out of our budget though, I love how tight and uniform it is around your pool rail. Looks great! :goodjob:

Sorry I've missed the last few days
I would recommend the decking (veranda composite with pvc coating ) it held up fine this winter (our 1st with it) the only possible drawback I have is the heat retention during the summer

In Houston in summer it will scorch your feet for sure, not kidding... its HOT HOT on a strong summer day. I would almost say that you should get the grey color instead based on that alone for your climate.
or you better wear aqua socks or flip flops around the deck

Dan

I can't speak for Dan but I'm gonna hang over his deck railing and say it's to attach the pool cover for winterization.

Am I right and if so, what do I win?
*I wanna day at your pool... bbq would be nice too! I will bring my flippy flops and towel* :mrgreen:

hmm, I woulda guessed those little white squares are lights....

Nice deck for sure- I can tell cause my credit card wimpered a fair bit while looking at the pics.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.