New Pool in NC...

We had a delay in the deck due to weather. My buddy (doing the concrete) will be out this afternoon to do the final grade and set the forms. We will then have concrete on Wednesday. All of this is weather permitting, of course.

We used the pool all weekend. We had my Brother in law and sister in law over with their kid, and it was a blast. The water temp was about 83 degrees. I had some left over indoor - outdoor carpet from our motorhome days (sold it last year), so I made us a nice little "redneck pool deck" so that the kids could get in and out without getting too much dirt in. I woke up early monday and put some yard bird on the smoker, and by lunch time we had a nice meal followed by hours of enjoyment in the pool.

Cant wait for the deck!

Angell's Pools in Lexington did the pool only.

My buddy doing the concrete got a little behind, so we just now have the forms set and the rebar in place. Due to the weather (forcasted) for today, the concrete plant is backed up on Monday due to all of the other concrete guys pushing their pours back until Monday. Therefore, ours will be poured on Tuesday. I gotta say, I was worried that ~1200 sq ft would be to small, but after the forms are up it looks like it is going to be a good size. Once the rain stops, I will post up some pictures of the area so you guys can give me some landscaping reccomendations. I am looking at putting a few feet of white rocks (of some sort) around the deck with a few plants, and then the fence on that perimeter.

Here are a few pictures... any suggestions on landscaping? We have allot of brick chips around the house, so that may be an option too....

548c05ac.jpg

3a7d3047.jpg

41907751.jpg

I spent some time in the garage this evening assebling 3 of the four corner light posts. Not overly excited with the quality, as I had to drill and tap one "lantern" flange because the stud broke. Actually, if I had done that to all of them then the assembly would have went allot quicker. They look good, and more importantly, my wife likes them more than any of the other choices we have looked at.

2322ca09.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ha... I guess I never mentioned that I also drag race. I have been doing it for 15 years. That is the car that I put together last year. It has been parked all year as the pool project is taking my play funds, but once the pool project is complete, I will be back out at the track.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.