New Pool in NC...

FC= 6
CC=0
TA=40
CH=140
CYA=25 (best guess based off of where it was in the tube)
PH=7.5

I have been turning the SWG down little by little....

I put the Tigershark QC in tonight to see what it would do, and it resulted in more beer for the operator and a clean pool. It hung around the deep end for the longest time, but when I came out from eating dinner it's had found the shallow end and managed to clean the spots that I saw needed it. I did have to rescue it from one of the main drains 2 times, but overall I am happy.

Posted from the pool..... And loving it!!!!!!!!!

10a4334a.jpg

Wow, your pool looks fantastic. I have just found this site and am loving the useful information.

I am strongly considering an 18x36 like yours. Are you satisfied with your size choice?

one more thing... ugh,, I am jealous of your (and most others it seems) flat yard to work with. I will be tackling some rapid elevation changes when I start mine :)

The fence was completed at noon today, which means a total time of 7.5 hours to complete. Gotta thank my dad for his help and fence knowledge as well my neighbor for his help.

4656fd21.jpg

34d59f15.jpg

ed515fa4.jpg

c5ef6d8d.jpg

In the last photo, you can see the retaining wall that I built a few weeks ago for the low end. My plans are to extend the wall all the way around the pool at the same height (in relation to the pool deck) next weekend. At that point I will fill the area (2 foot inside and 2 foot outside of the fence) with a decorative stone. After that, I will plant grass and be done!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have had that same brown deck box from Sam's for a few years. It stays outside & still looks new. We went with the fiber optic light(2) in our pool. We can never just run the color-wheel because it lights up the pool algae green. I can't stand my pool to glow green, if only for a few seconds. We have to set it on blue or clear or red/pink only.
Great looking pool!

So glad I found your thread!!! I am still in the planning stages and was working through light ideas. Was thinking of doing post lighting and after seeing yours, I think I will be doing it. And I was questioning why anyone would do that color liner when i was looking through the books but now I think I might be inclined to go that direction rather than standard blues.....Awesome looking pool!!!!!

Well.... After coaching my sons football team this morning in a scrimmage game, I stopped and picked up a load of wall block.

EB4B47D1-6882-4423-86AA-7BE0F14843C7-2098-000002BB021C4001.jpg

There are 126 blocks on this pallet, and I managed to get half of them down. That pallet made my Duramax squat.... Allot more than my race car trailer does.

I am hoping to have the wall finished by Saturday. At this point, it is not a wall, it is really edging.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.