Just joined

Feb 27, 2008
Just wanted to stop in and say hi!! I have been lurking around for awhile and just decided to join. I have been a pool owner for ~20 yrs (but I am in no way an expert or even close :lol: ). My current pool is a 20x40 inground cement bottom with fiberglass panels which I am currently in the process of getting repainted and recaulked. I run a Hayward sand filter with auto-chlorinator. Tried running auto-vac but have had limited success with that. I have had varying degress of success maintaining my water, some years was fine others a season full of pea-green soup :shock: . I have even tried the BBB method one year but I obviously did not do it properly (after learning more about it here). I also realize that I need a real test kit. I am looking forward to learning as much as I can here and hopefully not spending mass quantities of money on pool maintenance this year........ Any way hello and thx..

Bob

Hi, Bob,

Welcome to the forum. We should make it our goal to get you to change your username from "pool_weary" to "pool_guru".

That can happen and quicker than you think. I think the key is to dive right in and start asking questions. Once you understand what's happening in your pool, it's pretty easy to understand how to fix it.

You'll get lots of great help here. Jump in with both feet and you'll have that pool trouble-free before you know it. :lol:

Attachments

• Pool Water Test Log - 03B for TFP.pdf
    248.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Pool Water Test Log - 04.pdf
    124.2 KB · Views: 2
Hi Bob and Welcome to TFP!

Love this site and you will, too! Great information and tons and tons of help.

Need a good test kit? I'm getting ready to order my new one from Dave (duraleigh in the post above) because most folks here say it is the best and Dave is always nearby if we need help! :)

Post some pix of your pool when you get a chance. We really enjoy seeing what other folks are doing with their pools!

Joyce

Welcome Bob! Thanks for taking the time to register and post. I know we have lots of lurkers here who stop in to read. While we are happy to be a resource, it's even better when people take the time to post. The more information we have collectively, the stronger the site will be!

I think you are on the right track about getting a reliable test kit. The whole concept of keeping a trouble free pool is based on staying ahead of your water chemistry - avoiding problems before they occur. In order to do that though, you have to know where you are, and a good kit will be the easiest way to get frequent, reliable tests.