Jandy One Touch control

Jun 3, 2007
After a few months of working with my One Touch I have to say I really don't like it. I should've researched this one a bit more. I liked that it was small and simple, but didn't realize the amount I toggling between screens and menu items that is needed to do pretty simple things.

Jandy should've called it the One Thousand Touch.

There is literally nothing that can be done on this thing with one touch. It takes 2 touches just to get to the One Touch screen where you'd be able to turn on the spa or enable other macro features. Once you're in one touch mode you can no longer see temperature or other essential pool info. Another for instance: You'd think something as simple as manually turning on your pool lights would be one button away. That would be too easy. On this controller I would need to toggle to the "equipment on/off" screen, then press the down arrow button 7 times, then the select button to turn on the light. So it's the Jandy 9 Touch for the pool lights. I could always move the light position, but there would be something else that was 7 clicks away.

It's not all bad. The controller is VERY programable and you can set up many timed programs that can execute macros to have anything, or any set of things, run automatically. But if you like tweaking the fiddling with buttons will never end. I actually think my buttons will wear out in a couple of years.

Thumbs down. Sorry for the minor rant, but I think this info will be helpful for anyone who may be considering this system. I would imagine their other 8 button controllers may be more user friendly.

George

If you're system is up to date try the AquaLink Touch (Rev Q or newer) or the new iAquaLink (Rev R or newer). These controls may be more of what you're looking for as a fellow tweaker. I do see where you're coming from though with the constant button pressing though.

Pool Clown said:
I meant the outdoor panel, which is your only control if you choose not to buy/include the(optional) indoor remote.

Since I don't have allot of items to control the pool guy programmed one of the buttons to turn on the light. I know what your saying about pushing multiple times to get to other things, at least 6 to check the solar panel temp.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.