Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Newbie Concrete Questions

1. Back To Top    #1

Newbie Concrete Questions

Hello! I am a recently new member of the board and I am already benefiting from this sites resources. My question is in regards to the concrete around the lip of of my pool and thoughts. I am already aware of some soil issues on my property but I am unsure if this is the reason for the movement of my pool. Take a look at the pics:

The picture doesnt show it, but there is 3-4 inches of open space below the lip.

I think I can just use sand to fill up the pavers to an appropriate height.

Should I take any action at this point to fix?

Thanks in advance!
    2013 HotSpring Grandee
    25K IG vinyl pool with Alps spillover spa and waterfall.
    Triton II TR100 Sand Filter, Pentair Master Temp 400 natural gas pool heater, Intellichlor SWG, Rainbow Chlorine Feeder
    Pentair VF filter pump, WhisperFlo 2 hp WFE-8 waterfall pump, WhisperFloFX 2 hp spillover spa pump
    Intellibrite 5G (2 pool and 1 in spa) lights :: TFT-100 test kit, Taylor K-1776 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Newbie Concrete Questions

Well not sure where you live, but a gap like that will let water infiltrate and freeze, heaving your deck and coping. Address the soil issues and caulk that gap ASAP. Possibly some mud jacking could stabilize the soil around your pool? Expensive but a good long term fix.
    (DIY):16K Gal 20X30 rectangular IG Gunite, w/spa, CCP 520 filter,2 Pentair VS pumps, 400KBTU Pentair gas heater, Heat Pump for cooling, **update5.25.2013** added an intellichem with acid pump that will control existing SWG. My Build Thread Here

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Newbie Concrete Questions

I will do a search for mud jacking. I am in Northern California so it almost never gets below 40*. The soil issue is not fixable, I am just told by neighbors the soil can shift a little.
    2013 HotSpring Grandee
    25K IG vinyl pool with Alps spillover spa and waterfall.
    Triton II TR100 Sand Filter, Pentair Master Temp 400 natural gas pool heater, Intellichlor SWG, Rainbow Chlorine Feeder
    Pentair VF filter pump, WhisperFlo 2 hp WFE-8 waterfall pump, WhisperFloFX 2 hp spillover spa pump
    Intellibrite 5G (2 pool and 1 in spa) lights :: TFT-100 test kit, Taylor K-1776 test kit