Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I could use your help!

1. Back To Top    #1

I could use your help!

Hey everyone,

Entirely unrelated to pools, but I could use your assistance nonetheless.

A camera product company is running a contest to name their newest product, and my entry is one the Top Twelve being voted on to win. As of right now, I'm ahead but the competition is stiff, so I could use your vote if you have a moment to spare.

The contest is here:
    http://www.cottoncarrier.com/home/top-twelve/

My entry is the" Strapshot" and I'd appreciate any votes. Thanks!
    -Alex
    Outdoor Chlorine Pool/Spa (~100' from pump room):(35,000gal IG, plaster, 2 Triton TR-140 sand filters, 2 2HP pumps),(1,200gal IG, plaster, Triton TR-140, 2.5HP pump [circ.], 2 2HP pumps [jets])
    Indoor Bromine Pool/Spa:(24,000gal, plaster, Triton TR-100, 1.5HP SVRS-equipped pump),(3,200gal w/ 3 waterfalls, plaster, Sta-Rite System 3 cartridge filter, 3HP pump [circ.], 3HP pump [jets])

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: I could use your help!

I voted for you, hope you don't get your post taken down. By the way I read over the other names and I would have picked yours anyway as I feel it better describes the product. Good job. P.S. I want $1 if you win lol.
    -Kevin
    X-Pert Pool Service
    x-pertpool.com
    X-Pert Pool on Facebook and @XPertPoolServic on Twitter
    22,000 gal / 16' x 32' / Vinyl / Hayward s244t /Pentair SuperFlo 1 hp

3. Back To Top    #3

+1
    My cement pond is a 36K gunite 20X40 built in mid 1960s, Hayward S244S filter, Aquarite SWCG, Jandy 1.5HP 2sp, TF-Test kit and Nitro Wall Climber

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Nice, I'm with X-PertPool on this one.
    Roy Steves - CMO, PoolSupplyWorld.com

5. Back To Top    #5

Add another vote. Other names just don't make sense.

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks for your time everyone!

I hope it's not violating any forum policy, that's why I posted it in this section. Apologies if so.
    -Alex
    Outdoor Chlorine Pool/Spa (~100' from pump room):(35,000gal IG, plaster, 2 Triton TR-140 sand filters, 2 2HP pumps),(1,200gal IG, plaster, Triton TR-140, 2.5HP pump [circ.], 2 2HP pumps [jets])
    Indoor Bromine Pool/Spa:(24,000gal, plaster, Triton TR-100, 1.5HP SVRS-equipped pump),(3,200gal w/ 3 waterfalls, plaster, Sta-Rite System 3 cartridge filter, 3HP pump [circ.], 3HP pump [jets])

7. Back To Top    #7

+1 more

How has this mild winter affected the economy in your part of the White Mountains?

AFAIK - it's cool to ask for votes in the Coffee Bar, at least it has been in the past
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by waste
    How has this mild winter affected the economy in your part of the White Mountains?
    I'm sure all the ski areas numbers must be way down. Loon stops making snow next week and the rest might take a drastic hit with the warmer weather coming up.
    -Alex

9. Back To Top    #9

Voted for you!
    Purposed new pool at home being built- 20x40 vinyl pool, 20ft vinyl covered steps, Automatic cover, 6 ft sheer decent, 4 lighted deck jets, lime stone coping, easy touch, heat pump, SPA- 8x8 fiberglass shell, limestone steps surrounding
    previous home- 16 x 32 IG Vinyl- Install- Mid June 2011. 3ft Shallow 8ft Deep/ Totally Hayward 1HP pump/ 250 pound Sand/ AquaPro800 Heat pump/ Blue Hampton Liner/ 2 Intellibrite LED Lights/ Polaris 360/ 4 Deckjet II's/ 3ft concrete Apron/ 800 sq ft Paver Patio

10. Back To Top    #10

Re: Re: I could use your help!

Quote Originally Posted by X-PertPool
    I voted for you, hope you don't get your post taken down. By the way I read over the other names and I would have picked yours anyway as I feel it better describes the product. Good job. P.S. I want $1 if you win lol.
    +1
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

11. Back To Top    #11

Thanks to everyone who took the time to cast a vote. I greatly appreciate it.

Still in the lead too, though there's still a week left in the voting.
    -Alex

12. Back To Top    #12

+1.0
    22,600 gal. Vinyl Inground, FNS Plus 60 DE Filter, WhisperFlo 1HP Pump, SWG, Dolphin Nautilus