Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Our dig began today!

1. Back To Top    #1

Our dig began today!

So glad to finally see the work begin. Although it has unfortunately turned very cold and does not feel anything like pool time.
    I'll update pics as the work progresses each day.

Sent From My Inspire 4G Using Tapatalk
    Attached Images Attached Images
    18x36 Vinyl IG ~27,000 gal, Intelliflo VF Pump, 300# Sand Filter, Polaris 280 w/Pentair Booster Pump, Pentair EasyTouch w/ IC40 SWCG
    TF100 Test Kit
    SpeedStir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Our dig began today!

Good deal!
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

Finished with todays dig. Should be forming tomorrow. Will post pics again once walls are up.

18x36 Vinyl IG ~27,000 gal, Intelliflo VF Pump, 300# Sand Filter, Polaris 280 w/Pentair Booster Pump, Pentair EasyTouch w/ IC40 SWCG
    TF100 Test Kit
    SpeedStir

4. Back To Top    #4

[attachment=0:3cnmbkbl]uploadfromtaptalk1329169702198.jpg[/attachment:3cnmbkbl]

TF100 Test Kit
    SpeedStir

5. Back To Top    #5

Started on forms for walls yesterday. Unfortunately it warmed up and rained so now our yard is a rutted mess where they drove in and out

TF100 Test Kit
    SpeedStir

6. Back To Top    #6

Looking good!
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

7. Back To Top    #7

Question about backfill. I mostly see recommendations of gravel. Our PB says he only uses dirt now. Says he's only had 2 liners to float on him and both were on pools backfilled with gravel. However, they are installing gravel and a French drain. Our pool is at the bottom of a very slight hill directly behind our house and will be completely surrounded by concrete decking between it and the house.
    Should I demand gravel, or is it not a deal breaker?

TF100 Test Kit
    SpeedStir

8. Back To Top    #8

Liner issues are not behind the recommendations for gravel over dirt fill. Settling is. Gravel will tend to self-compact with little settling. Dirt will settle like mad unless it's applied in small lifts and compacted between lifts mechanically....and even then it may settle.

You want that concrete deck (likely the single most expensive part of your build ) to last a long time without settling, separation and cracking, then go with gravel backfill.

Just my .02$
    (DIY):16K Gal 20X30 rectangular IG Gunite, w/spa, CCP 520 filter,2 Pentair VS pumps, 400KBTU Pentair gas heater, Heat Pump for cooling, **update5.25.2013** added an intellichem with acid pump that will control existing SWG. My Build Thread Here

9. Back To Top    #9

Thanks. I'll definitely be having this discussion with the builder because we are doing quite a bit of concrete decking.

TF100 Test Kit
    SpeedStir

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by Lershac
    Dirt will settle like mad unless it's applied in small lifts and compacted between lifts mechanically....and even then it may settle.

You want that concrete deck (likely the single most expensive part of your build ) to last a long time without settling, separation and cracking, then go with gravel backfill.

Just my .02$
    I guess I read here if using dirt you should wait a year before pouring even if you compacted it so it can naturally settle. Under my deck was all 3/4" drain rock, approx 12" to 24" thick.
    DONE, 20 x 40, inground gunite, 30" raised bond beam with 3 12" sheer descents, 8' diving board, pentair 420 cartridge filter, vs-3050 pump, intellechlor ic-40, auto cvr, Tahoe blue pebble tech, 6ea 4' x 12.5' & 2ea 1' x 12.5' helicol solar panels, legend robotic cleaner.

11. Back To Top    #11

Skimmers, rebar, and some plumbing runs today. They hope to finish the forms and bring in the pump truck to pour the walls tomorrow.

TF100 Test Kit
    SpeedStir

12. Back To Top    #12

I have seen dirt settle almost 12-16 inches...gravel for sure.

13. Back To Top    #13

Stairs in, walls poured today. What a muddy mess it is though. Still, we have progress!

TF100 Test Kit
    SpeedStir

14. Back To Top    #14

Forms off walls, started plumbing and setting forms for cantilevered coping today. Should have coping finished tomorrow.

TF100 Test Kit
    SpeedStir

15. Back To Top    #15

In the Industry

Looking great! I can't wait to see more pictures and watch your progress!

16. Back To Top    #16

Thanks. They hope to get the coping poured tomorrow and maybe complete the waterfall. I'll try to get some more pics up when I get home tomorrow afternoon.

TF100 Test Kit
    SpeedStir

17. Back To Top    #17

Nice to see your progress and looking forward to following your thread!. We just signed for a concrete wall liner pool last weekend, build prob start in May.

18. Back To Top    #18

We have water going in
    Still so much work to do, but by gosh it looks like a pool now!

TF100 Test Kit
    SpeedStir

19. Back To Top    #19

congratulations! Time for a quick swim, no?
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

20. Back To Top    #20

Quote Originally Posted by Melt In The Sun
    congratulations! Time for a quick swim, no?
    I'll have to pass on the swim for now. Haven't checked water temp, but it can't be over 50F
    TF100 Test Kit
    SpeedStir

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast