Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: waterway eyeball fittings

1. Back To Top    #1

waterway eyeball fittings

We had our pool redone after 34 years and the Eyeball fittings they installed won't rotate. They are made by Waterway and are in the color of dark grey. Out older ones moved easily to change the water flow direction for the Zodiac Cleaner. My question is does anyone know if they make these fittings that do not freely so you can change the flow or are new pieces just stiff and hard to move?
    20000 Gal
    IG
    Gunite
    Intelliflow Pump @ 2000 RPM

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: waterway eyeball fittings

My eyeball is very hard to move but it does move. Are they bolted on or screw in (does the face have screws or does the whole fitting thread into the return?
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

If they are waterway I think they are the screw in kind. It might be a good idea to loosen the with a wrench and the pump off, and apply a little lube, then tighten them lightly with the pump on - hand tight only.
    (DIY):16K Gal 20X30 rectangular IG Gunite, w/spa, CCP 520 filter,2 Pentair VS pumps, 400KBTU Pentair gas heater, Heat Pump for cooling, **update5.25.2013** added an intellichem with acid pump that will control existing SWG. My Build Thread Here

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by Lershac
    If they are waterway I think they are the screw in kind. It might be a good idea to loosen the with a wrench and the pump off, and apply a little lube, then tighten them lightly with the pump on - hand tight only.
    I typically grab a long handled screwdriver and use that for leverage.
    20X40 30,000 gallon gunite pool