spa filtration cycle problem

Feb 12, 2012
Hi, I just got done replacing the bearings in my hot tub spa pump motor.everthing seemed to go together smoothly. I turned on the power and the motor appears to be running nice and quiet. the heater and blower is working. I seem to have a problem now with the filtration cycle. instead of having the option to program the cycle 3 times a day(selecting 1,2,or 3 for 24,12,or every 8 hours) it will only let me program it 2 times a day(selecting 1 ,2 instead of 1,2,3) and instead of letting me program the run time for 60,120,180 or 480 minutes it will only let me select 60 or 120 minutes. I also noticed that when the filter cycle turned on, first the blower turns on and then the motor runs at low speed, after the blower turns off the motor did not come on on low speed. I didn't disturb anything in the control panel so I am at a loss as to what the problem is. Is it possible this is a problem with the start switch adjustment located under the canopy on the motor? any help would be appreciated thanks

ok , after pushing the filtration button several times it appears to be acting up a little but I got it to display all the filtration cycle times and durations so it is ok. my only problem now seems to be that when the programmed time arrives for the blower and motor to turn on, the blower turns on and then the motor but the motor doesn't stay running for the hour time I have programmed but cuts off . I am running it again to see if it will stay on . it's scheduled to come on 6 hours from now. I will post back with the results. I should have inspected and cleaned the contacts on the 2 speed start switch but didn't. this thing is 8 years old although it's be working just fine. I have a feeling that if the motor doesn't stay on for the automatic filtration cycle I will need to eith adjust or replace the start switch although it stays on when I set it. maybe playing around with the sticky switch fixed it.

Please disregard this post. the unit has mysteriously started working properly. possibly the programming switch was sticky and I freed it by pushing it several times. I was so careful to adjust the start switch. Glad I don't have to drain the spa again and look at that start switch. what a relief :-D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.