Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Fencing

1. Back To Top    #1

Fencing

I plan on installing my own fencing around our new pool that is going to be installed in Pennsylvania. Anyone have any opinions on where to purchase quality fencing at. I have looked online, and a lot of the pool contractors do not recommend buying fencing from Lowes or Home depot.

Thanks
    Wheelman
    Simply, we find, hire and train the most talented individuals possible and we work hard to keep them.
    Autoform

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Fencing

Wheelman,

Not sure where you are from, but just had ours installed by PB (6' Privacy). He go the material from Masterpiece Fence in Philipsburg, PA. Not sure if they sell direct, but their product is solid, 100% virgin and cost effective. Contact is:

Masterpiece Fence & Deck Co
    311 Walton Street, Philipsburg, PA 16866-2529
    (814) 342-1100 ‎

Give it a shot.

3. Back To Top    #3

What kind of fence you want? Wood, vinyl, chain?

FWIW, unless your code requires 6 feet, I'd go with 5 foot. I did 6 foot vinyl and it's a little high. Asthetically, 5 foot just looks better.

Also, a fence with proper gates, latches, etc is a fairly difficult project. You can DIY it, but it's not for someone without some outdoor hardscape experience.
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the info. We plan to install the fence ourselves. I appreciate the help.

Wheelman
    Simply, we find, hire and train the most talented individuals possible and we work hard to keep them.
    Autoform

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by wheelman73
    Thanks for the info. We plan to install the fence ourselves. I appreciate the help.

Wheelman
    What type of materials? Just realize that it can be a difficult project if you want it to look good. As I said, it is DIY-able, but on a scale of 1-10, i'd give it about a 6 depending on materials used, the kind of soil, grade of the yard, etc.
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.