Starting to see green, is my SWG not working?

Feb 11, 2012
I have 2 questions. I have a 16x32 Salt water in ground pool. Water temp is ~59 degrees. Am I right to suspect the SWG is not working? Am I getting any chlorine in the pool? Salt level is ~3700 but I am beginning to see green algae on the side of the pool. What should I do?

Your SWG probably is not working since the water is so cold. Most SWG need a temp closer to 70 degrees to generate chlorine. You can use liquid chlorine until the water is consistently warm enough for the SWG to function correctly.

Since you are seeing green now, you will need to complete the shock process and get things cleaned up. Read defeating algae and
how to shock your pool for directions on the shock process.

Welcome to the forum. :lol: Posting a set of test results will probably indicate your FC is too low. As zea3 says, if your pool is green, you will need to shock.

Of course don't try to do it with the SWG but by following the articles she mentioned and using bleach as you chlorine source

[center:8eaukad9]Green???

file.php
[/center:8eaukad9]

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.