Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Off line or downloadable pool calculator

1. Back To Top    #1

Off line or downloadable pool calculator

Firstly I think the pool calculator is great but I do not have an iphone and would love to be able to use this offline. I live in Australia and my swg has some specific levels that that recommend. I have set the online pool calculator to reflect this but sometimes it does not remember them. I then have to go look up all the values again from the swg manual. Is there a downloadable version for windows. I would not even mind if I have to pay for a commercially available one as long as it was good. I am in the process of ordering the taylor test kits from the USA as I think my local pool shop is useless. I am a plant biologist and have a very strong scientific background so know when I am being tricked into buying what is otherwise bicarb soda at twice the price of the supermarket. I ended up having to replace the salt cell in my pool as the local pool shop failed to tell me not to add dry calcium hypochlorite as per the manufactures recommendations and they were the ones who installed it for the previous owner (there sticker was still attached to the unit). Sorry for the long rant but just had enough of shops taking advantage of unsuspecting customers. I have been a long suffering customer of theirs for 3 years and have decided to go it alone. I think this forum is great and look forward to all the information I will gain from it.
    15.8K gallons (60K Litres), IG, pebble, Davey 1hp 300lpm, sand filter, K Chlor SWG, Kreepy Krauly.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Off line or downloadable pool calculator

The way I did it was to click on the View Source of the web page. Then in a free program I found on the web called Programmers Note Pad I pasted it in and then saved as .html works for me.

I don't know but might work with notepad and save as .html
    18' x 42" Intex (4786 Gal @ 80% capacity) Intex 8110 SWCG, 2000 GPH cartridge filter.
    Full Sun, Well Water, Borates at approx. 50
    TFTestKit-100--The Pool Calculator--Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for that it has worked to some extent. I would still love to be able to customise it more to suit myself maybe I will have to learn how to create my own calculator.
    15.8K gallons (60K Litres), IG, pebble, Davey 1hp 300lpm, sand filter, K Chlor SWG, Kreepy Krauly.

4. Back To Top    #4

Would also love the downloadable version. I'm helping an older friend with his pool and it would sure come in handy as he has no internet there
    Thanks