Pentair freeze guard overriding heater/spa

Feb 11, 2012
Is there a way to truly disable the freeze guard for the Pentair system? Current air temp is ~30 degrees. I've tried calibrating the air thermostat to 44 (and higher) but freeze guard stays on. Issue is that I"m trying to heat spa and the guard causes the pump to cycle on and off so heater cycles on for a minute and off for a minute. Pool company says "nothing can be done" but that essentially makes my spa unusable in cold weather...which is when I would want to use it.

Tried searching for similar experiences across this forum and elsewhere but haven't come across a solve. Thanks in advance.

Easytouch. I tried using remote and directly on the outside panel as well. Update: Temperatures warmed up enough to shut off the freeze guard so things ended up working out today but still wondering what I would have to do if warming didn't take care of the issue. Thanks!

It's a pentair pump (don't have ready access to the model info from here unfortunately). From what I've read elsewhere, that's probably the issue. It would explain the cycling on/off as opposed to the constant on that the freeze guard from the "system", not the pump.

If that's the case, probably nothing I can do but very frustrating to essentially have a spa that can't be used (without significant" calibration-tinkering") in cold weather.

I understand the problem, but I don't advise that you disable freeze protection. My advice if you are going to disable is to remember to enable once you are done using the spa EACH time. You will need to disable the pool AND the cleaner.

Easytouch:
menu/settings/circuit function. Then scroll to the item you wish to disable freeze protection, hit select twice/scroll to yes or no/hit select/ then back out of the menu hitting the menu button 3 times.

If you need to do this, that means temps are low enough to activate the freeze protection. This means YOU MUST re-activate freeze protection. I cant stress this enough. Even a medium freeze can turn out to be very expensive. Anyone that has had freeze damage can agree, this can effect more than just the plumbing. Heater headers, some filter tanks, UV vessels, just to name a few.

Reactions: Mycall9550
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.