Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: Quick question!!!! (coping clips)

Quick question!!!! (coping clips)

I'm pouring cement tomorrow!!! The coping clips that are with the bullnose coping doesn't really snap in to well... Sometimes the just pop off without touching them... Should I figure out how to secure them on before pouring cement? Like maybe add a small screw to them?? Or do you put the coping clips on after the cement??
    20x40 vinyl liner IG pool, 20x16 shallow end, deep end is 8ft....Metal walls... 1hp single speed Pentair Pump..... 24" sand filter... build in progress....

Re: Quick question!!!! (coping clips)

try bending them a little to make them "snap" on tighter.
    -Kevin
    X-Pert Pool Service
    x-pertpool.com
    X-Pert Pool on Facebook and @XPertPoolServic on Twitter
    22,000 gal / 16' x 32' / Vinyl / Hayward s244t /Pentair SuperFlo 1 hp

How did the cement pour go? Pics?
    (DIY):16K Gal 20X30 rectangular IG Gunite, w/spa, CCP 520 filter,2 Pentair VS pumps, 400KBTU Pentair gas heater, Heat Pump for cooling, **update5.25.2013** added an intellichem with acid pump that will control existing SWG. My Build Thread Here

It went great!! Thanks for the info.... It was a little late though... Lol... I just pressed them on as good as I could and was really careful when pouring... Now my pretty clear water is all brown... Lol... Once I get it clear I'll post some pictures!
    20x40 vinyl liner IG pool, 20x16 shallow end, deep end is 8ft....Metal walls... 1hp single speed Pentair Pump..... 24" sand filter... build in progress....

Mine kept snapping off too. Before they poured the cement, they made sure they were on. Once the cement was poured, it secured them.
    14,700 gal. 14 x 28 rectangle with 2R IG by Hydra Pools, 1 hp Hayward Maxflow ll, Hayward 24" Sand Filter, Aquarite Electronic SWG, one Aqua Genie Complete Skimmer, two main drains, four returns, 2 spa jets in steps, 30ml Tidewater liner. Taylor K-2006 Test Kit

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDat?
    It went great!! Thanks for the info.... It was a little late though... Lol... I just pressed them on as good as I could and was really careful when pouring... Now my pretty clear water is all brown... Lol... Once I get it clear I'll post some pictures!
    You keep sayin you're gonna post pics. Why wait until it's clear? Show us pics of the build. That's what people really want to see.

Time to give back a little

Ok let me try one.... And then I'll start a new thread...
    Attached Images Attached Images