Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hi everyone!!! I have a firepit question first.....

1. Back To Top    #1

Hi everyone!!! I have a firepit question first.....

Im Debbie from Canoga park. I recently bought a house! OK so, I heard I can also ask firepit questions here. I have a gas firepit....can I burn wood in it? Also, does anyone have advice on how to build a jacuzzzi that flows into our pool?

Thanks!!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hi everyone!!! I have a firepit question first.....

Without pics of what is in place, we can not offer much in the How Do I and Can departments. Pics are easy to put up. Either become a lifetime supporter or put the pix in a photobucket album and paster the 4th option, one per line, for all to see.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

wow Scott.....
    Got the message. I uploaded pics and it says the pic size is too big. I dont know how to fix it so I guess I wont get help. Its a real simple question- can I convert an outdoor gas firepit to a wood one.

4. Back To Top    #4

It all depends on the fabrication of pit. Some are easily converted and some can't be converted at all. Photobucket is your best bet for posting pics to the forum. Just open an account there and link the pics here.

Pics will really help in this situation as we'll have a clue what we're dealing with. If you can give us a good enough explanation of how it's built we may offer some advice. We want to help you, we're just limited by the info we have.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Hi Dave! Thanks for being so cool. I will need to learn how to use photobucket. For now all I have is nothing. LOL. It started as a wood firepit. Then the landlord banned wood burning firepits. SO my friend turned it into a gas firepit. Now that I have a home. I want it to be wood burning again. Debbie

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Rambler
    It all depends on the fabrication of pit. Some are easily converted and some can't be converted at all. Photobucket is your best bet for posting pics to the forum. Just open an account there and link the pics here.

Pics will really help in this situation as we'll have a clue what we're dealing with. If you can give us a good enough explanation of how it's built we may offer some advice. We want to help you, we're just limited by the info we have.

6. Back To Top    #6

It started as a wood firepit.
    There's a wonderful bit of information. If it was a wood burner to start with it should be easy to return it to being a wood burner. Probably removing the gas burner is all that's required.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

thank you bama,
    thanks all of you. I actually contacted the guy who converted it for me in the first place- and he said exactly that- take the fake wood and the tray out, and tuck the gas line thingie under the pit. I do have some pool and jacuzzi questions too- should I shoot them off here?

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Rambler
    It started as a wood firepit.
    There's a wonderful bit of information. If it was a wood burner to start with it should be easy to return it to being a wood burner. Probably removing the gas burner is all that's required.

8. Back To Top    #8

It would be better if you started a new thread for different questions and in the relevant forum topics so that they get seen.
    15,600 Gallon, 16' x 32' In-Ground Vinyl Pool
    Pentair VS 3050 pump, Quad DE 60 filter and SunTouch controller
    8 gallon Liquidator, Aquatherm EcoSun Solar Panels, 2 wheel ThePoolCleaner

9. Back To Top    #9

cool, thanks, I will...

Quote Originally Posted by carlscan26
    It would be better if you started a new thread for different questions and in the relevant forum topics so that they get seen.