A O Smith (Century) V-Green Pump Motor

Jan 6, 2012
Does anyone have any experience with this motor: AO Smith / Century V-Green EMC27SQV ? I am looking at this as an energy efficient replacement for my Pentair Whisperflo. At first I was looking for a full pump like the Pentair Intelliflow or Hayward Ecostar. Replacing just the motor would save me a couple hundred bucks in equipment and installation. I know that I would be giving up something in not getting the whole pump.
Unfortunately I cannot find everything that I need to know about the V-Green, like how does it achieve its efficiency and how that efficiency and life span compares to the the other two pumps.
The V-Green is a variable speed pump (with a remote mountable control panel) so it gets much of its efficiency from that variable speed. The others are permanent magnet motors which increases efficiency and life span. I just can't find that information about the V-Green.
Anyone know?

The V-Green also uses a permanent magnet motor. The efficiency should be similar to the EcoStar and Intelliflo but life span at this point is probably unknown given that the motor is fairly new. You can get most of the information from here:

http://www.aosmithmotors.com/products/d ... 0737418318

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.