Stair step secure....Any thoughts

johnnysnok

Feb 25, 2011
South Jersey
Has anyone had any experience with this step secure system or are they new?
I like the concept to work along with the railing support arms that come with the wedding cake steps.
But i am wondering if there may be a little rubbing and wear at the point of contact on your inside liner with the movement that takes place when someone goes up and down the stairs.
Your thoughts..

http://www.intheswim.com/Pool-Accessori ... ep-Secure/
[attachment=0:pllcb4wo]E9098_f.jpg[/attachment:pllcb4wo]

colormesummer said:
We've had the wedding cake steps in our pool (even over the winter) for 5 years with no problem, haven't even had a pad underneath them. I'm almost wishing the liner would tear or something so I could get a different one :)

I to have wedding cake steps but i was refering to this magnetic way of securing them to the wall. And was wondering if the what looks like rubber standoffs will rub the liner?

I am purchasing a set of these for our stairs because I don't like the way the arms that come with the stairs attach to our deck, I HOPE they work and I will post when we get them installed. We have sand bags in our stairs now and they actually do not move around much without the arms attached.

MEEKS said:
I am purchasing a set of these for our stairs because I don't like the way the arms that come with the stairs attach to our deck, I HOPE they work and I will post when we get them installed. We have sand bags in our stairs now and they actually do not move around much without the arms attached.

Do you not like how how the arm attaches to the deck because how it sits on the top rail first and then there is a space between the arm and deck or is it another reason, just curios?
Please let us know what you think when you get them....Thanks

Exactly, we had to install a block on the other side of the rail, on the deck to attach the arms to.
It just looks rigged. So, we did order the magnet system, hasn't arrived yet, but I will post the results.
><>

MEEKS said:
Exactly, we had to install a block on the other side of the rail, on the deck to attach the arms to.
It just looks rigged. So, we did order the magnet system, hasn't arrived yet, but I will post the results.
><>

I know what you are talking about, i had the same issue and hated it. i cut my arm to go over the top rail, it looked good but it got stepped on and cracked. It also looses some structural integrity when it's cut. Here is a photo of it.
I am still looking for another arm if anyone wants to sell theres.

I also want to hear your review of the magnets!

We sent the magnets back, they do not replace securing the steps to the deck "somehow". They are used to replace sandbags for holding the stairs down to keep from floating, which they didn't do that as well as we needed either, we put the sand bag back in the toe of the stairs.
Our stairs have 2 railings and 2 arms and are in the way. We are going to try and build a railing that attaches to the top step and goes over the rail onto the deck, our stairs have a "place" that looks like it needs this?
Has anyone seen this done or have stairs like these with a solution?

Attachments

• IMG_0123 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_0123 (640x480).jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 370
  • IMG_0123 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_0123 (640x480).jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 370

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have steps down into my pool and have not secured them in any way. They came with deck mounts, but I have preferred to not attach them... they move a little bit when people are in the pool but they can be pushed back into place, or any other place very easily. I chose not to attach because mine have very few holes in them and I find that I just like to move them around a bit to aid in circulation and vacuuming around/under them. It is also fun to put them in the middle of the pool as it keeps the dog from running away with his diving rings. :D

Hi,
Those are metal, from the plumbing or electrical department, might be electrical, the pipe screws into those. Also used pvc glue and he ran a bolt thru both the uprights to secure them together, seemed a tad wobbly before that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.