Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Environment - The Birds

1. Back To Top    #1

Environment - The Birds

Putting this in "Just getting started" because have not finished my first year and still fighting fires with the seasonal changes. In my part of the country the birds hit in February. Not sure what you call it but it's not nesting or night roost but day time swarms hunting food I guess. I'm not sure what these are but not grackles, doves or birds my wife likes. Lived at this location for years but not paid much attention when only parts of driveway or sidewalk hit. I do have some trees near pool and one hangs over part of the spa. Up to now I've only had light bird poop on deck and assume pool included.
    But this week I noticed an increase and red because I guess the berry color. Even that did not get me too concerned until yesterday. I got carpet bombed. It was really bad in the spa because of tree and because the filtering is marginal while in pool mode. TheI reason I program spa mode for a short time daily. Fortunately I inspect pool and check CL daily. I had never seen this kind of CL demand in the winter before and it’s not just weather to watch out for. A couple days of neglect in this situation and I'm sure I would have been in trouble.
    Just goes to show that things can change quickly, so be prepared.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Environment - The Birds

I have an electric guitar and big amp if the dogs don't do the trick.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

Soooo.... #6 shot?
    [center:1kpalu48]Helpful Links: Pool School | CYA/Chlorine Chart | Pool Calculator[/center:1kpalu48]

4. Back To Top    #4

Then the neighbors have something to beef about. I have an adult community in my back yard and shot dropping on their cars might not be too appreciated.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.