ProLogic for 60,000 - 70,000 gal pool?

Aquatica

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 26, 2010
Nassau, Bahamas
Just getting more into automation. I have installed a couple prologics.

My first question is can we run 2x T15 cells with one ProLogic control panel? We will need 2x T15 cells for this pool.

Also very interested in setting up sense and dispense. I read we need a CO2 tank? I guess we can get this and refills from a scuba place?

Want to help out a friend who has 21 condos and a pool no larger than 80,000 gallons. Maybe its only 60,000 but want to install a system that can do up to 80,000 gals. Their grounds keeper will test and adjust levels so thought this sense and dispenser might be a good fit for them.

Thanks.

They need a commercially rated system. This is a commercial facility. You can't have a grounds keeper maintain it. The insurance company, if not the state/board of health with require a CPO to manage the facility.

Pro-Logic will only run one cell.

Since this is an outdoor facility, using an ORP based system may not be in your best interests if you use a SWCG based system. Salt cells work better with higher levels of CYA than ORP sensors like. A liquid chlorine and acid fed system would be better solutions.

Scott

PoolGuyNJ said:
They need a commercially rated system. This is a commercial facility. You can't have a grounds keeper maintain it. The insurance company, if not the state/board of health with require a CPO to manage the facility.

Pro-Logic will only run one cell.

Since this is an outdoor facility, using an ORP based system may not be in your best interests if you use a SWCG based system. Salt cells work better with higher levels of CYA than ORP sensors like. A liquid chlorine and acid fed system would be better solutions.

Scott

Thanks for the info Scott.

we don't have these laws so anything goes over here. They have a pool guy that comes now.

ORP sensors don't like high CYA? I wonder if this could be the reason the electronic tester I tried always came up with all sorts of results. it was very unreliable and compared with the taylor kit results were totally different most times. I got rid of it! sticking with taylor.

Yes a liquid fed system with acid feed. I've seen one in a hotel here. They wanted to switch over to salt. We only do salt systems. It's a commercial size pool but it's not high traffic like a hotel's pool so I figure we could get away with two Aquarite SWG's. The board of directors don't want to spend any money. this is usually the case anyway. This is why we stay to just private homes don't get involved with commercial or anything that has board of directors.

The Aquarites are NSF certified and approved for use on commercial and public pools.

btw I tested and their CYA is 300 and CH 600. The pools turning green and it's only winter time here. In the summer it goes green. It's a mess. I advised a replacement of at least 2/3 water (SWG can work with CYA of 100). They went into shock!

found a really good article on ORP systems: http://www.rhtubs.com/ORP.htm

With levels higher than 30 ppm CYA, the available accurate testing range of ORP sensors shrinks very quickly.

If they want a salt system, they need to go to a commercial level cell system.

I don't need to tell you about those existing levels. I do need to hear you educated the board though. Even a CYA of 100 is too high. If they don't like what you have to say, walk away. They want to hide from the truth, think they are saving money, until they have to deal with the illnesses and damage their ignorance causes. Just tell the truth. THis keeps you clear. If they don't like it, it's their problem, not yours.

Scott

we've got away with running swg's in extreme tropical heat at CYA of 100 with keeping FC at 5 or above but we like to keep CYA at 60 now and 80 is max. We'll actually probably get the CYA down to 80. we usually take a little more water out than we say to be on the safe side. we can always add CYA but draining is a one shot deal with most people. They really do not like to replace water. But I'm with you..I walk if they don't replace. I don't cut corners or waste time.

I checked with some pool guys here and one of the largest pool co's and no one deals with ORP's. One of the largest pool co's here installed one for a hotel and the hotel people still couldn't maintain the pool properly. They actually called me in to pick my brains so they could fix their cloudy pool (it's still cloudy and green to this day)but now I stay clear of hotels and anything with board of directors. Just don't have the time to waste. But doing this one for a friend. So might be best for me to do the chems for them and let their grounds keeper clean. We will go with 2 aquarites and 2 T15 cells. They need a sand filter also but doubt they will pay for the install so if not will offer them a EC75 which will work.

who makes commercial level cell systems? I thought we just add extra AquaRites and cells? They say they can handle commercial and public pools.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.