Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aftermarket DE Grid Manifold

1. Back To Top    #1

Aftermarket DE Grid Manifold

I have been running into problems with my DE filter returning DE back into the pool. After first I thought it was the filter grids but, after complete replacement of these I was still having the same problem. Upon further inspection I found a large crack on top of my manifold right next to the internal air bleed assembly, which has also deteriorated. So long story short, I have purchased an after market manifold with the internal air bleed assembly built into it. I was wondering if anybody had any opinion about these, are they just as good or have I made a mistake? I have a Pentair FNS Plus 60 DE Filter.

Thanks,

Justin Walker
    21,550 Gallon Plaster Pool With Attached Hot Tub, 2.5 HP Pentair Challenger, 60 Sq Ft FNS Plus DE Filter, Aqua Rite SWG T-15 Cell, Aqualink PDA PS8

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Aftermarket DE Grid Manifold

What brand is it? Can you provide a link?
    25K aggregate IG, Intellipro, FNS48, Polaris 360, PG2000 fiber optic light source

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

We have had very good success with the generic manifold you can read quite a few reviews on the Generic Pentair FNS Plus Manifold here
    Thank You
    Patrick
    www.inyopools.com

4. Back To Top    #4

To the poolman. It appears the manufacturer is Custom Molded Products but, I was unable to access their website.

To patrick3229. Thanks for that link, gives me some reassurance.

On a side note do either of you feel that the filter template is a necessary component for operation? It is manufacturer number 98725800
    21,550 Gallon Plaster Pool With Attached Hot Tub, 2.5 HP Pentair Challenger, 60 Sq Ft FNS Plus DE Filter, Aqua Rite SWG T-15 Cell, Aqualink PDA PS8

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Nope, just helps you align everything. It can be done without it, you just gotta be a little more patient.
    25K aggregate IG, Intellipro, FNS48, Polaris 360, PG2000 fiber optic light source

6. Back To Top    #6

Just a follow up, received the new manifold and everything works perfectly. It has been almost a year since the pool has been this clean. Thanks again for all your help.

Justin