Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Covering Coping Joints

1. Back To Top    #1

Covering Coping Joints

I have a Spartan Vinyl Pool with 8" Aluminum Coping - Pool is 33 years old - unable to locate replacement plastic snap in covers for joints - any suggestions on what i might try to use to cover the small crack between the joints of aluminum coping - I have attempted to use caulking, gasket material with glue, but none of these solutions works for any length of time - Appreciate any suggestions

2. Back To Top    #2

South Central NJ

Re: Covering Coping Joints

Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Scott - I appreciate the link - I was surprise at the replacement cost of $21.98 for each clip, but when you have something old you have to pay.

4. Back To Top    #4

Kennesaw, GA

I have similar problem with old aluminum pool coping - see picture. The coping is 6.5 inches wide and mitered corners. Big gaps between each section. FYI, I've already checked w/ Cinderella.oldcoping.jpg
    Leo In Kennesaw, GA
    Older 40x20 rectangular pool
    38,000 gallons
    Vinyl In-ground - Buster Crabbe
    Pentair Chlorinator - Salt - SWG

5. Back To Top    #5

Towson, MD

The caulk between the aluminum coping and the concrete base is coming off. it's an old pool. I'm wondering what kind of caulking would be best to put a new look to this non-essential joint. It can't be any self-leveling caulk, but something needs to be like to fill a ≈1/2 cove.