Please recommend a good test kit

This one:
Taylor Complete FAS-DPD Water K 2006 if you are locked into Amazon. I also use and recommend a speedstir and samplesizer

IMO, a pool like mine (and your's) needs a minimum of the TF-100 or K-2006, the other test kits are not going to cut it and just forget the strips for general tests (come by, I'll give you some). I thought enough of the TF, that I bought one for my brother, with a speedstir, to stop the problems he was having caused by inaccurate test strips and pool store advice.

Basically, a TF100 is all taylor reagents, with different packaging. I get great service, quick answers and the owner is usually on the forum to catch any questions or problems. The test results are same as a Taylor. http://tftestkits.net

You might read this benefits-to-the-speedstir-for-the-tf-100-t33267.html

+1 what Richard said,

TomAtlanta said:
I am going to order a test kit from Amazon. Here is a list of the most popular

Which would you recommend, or is there something better I could get at Home Depot or the local pool store?

Sorry, I didn't answer all the question!

Home Depot, Target, Kmart and Walmart stuff is pretty elementary. I have never seen Taylor products anywhere locally, except in a pool store. So, these places, no.

So far as pool stores go, it's been a while, but when I tried the 2 Leslie's close by, they had nothing with the FAS/DPD Chlorine Test; either in a kit or in individual reagents. And the locally owned store, around the corner, would be glad to order what I wanted. YMMV depending on what part of town you are in.

If the cost of the TF100 or the Taylor K2006 troubles you, look at it this way. A high quality test kit is an investment in the health of your family and your pool. The chemicals will last for a year or more of normal use when stored in a cool (normal house temp) dry environment. The range of tests performed by these kits will enable you to keep the water sanitary, so it is healthy to swim in, and balanced, which protects the plaster or liner from premature failure.
It will also save money in the long run, so you will not feel obligated to buy pool store chemicals when they perform those tests for "free". As an added bonus, your results with either kit will often be more accurate than the pool store tests.
Personally, I prefer the TF100 as it will give you larger amounts of the test reagents than the Taylor K2006, and the customer service is exceptional.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks for the info everybody. I'll get the TF-100 with the speed stir. I prefer amazon because I know their reliability and policies, but I assume from all the positive comments here that service from the TF-100 site is also good.

The TF-100 and speed stir have arrived. The speed stir has a tiny little Phillips head screw that I need to remove to get the batteries. I have a tiny phillips head screw driver, but even it doesn't work. I guess I will need to go the hardware store and get a special screw driver to open it and add the batteries. I think this is a poor design.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.