Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Installers S. Central PA????

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Installers S. Central PA????

Seem to be having a hard time locating an installer for an AGP near Hershey/Lebanon, PA area.
    Anyone have any ideas??

deweypip
    24x54 Sharkline Matrix
    Hayward 1 hp Powermax single speed pump
    Hayward ec50ac DE filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Installers S. Central PA????

We live in North Central PA (Williamsport), so a bit to far for any builders in our area, but have you researched installing yourself. Very straight forward if you do the research. Just a thought.

3. Back To Top    #3

Considering self install. One-because I can't seem to find anyone to install it. Second, it's just that the older I get, the lazier I get.
    24x54 Sharkline Matrix
    Hayward ec50ac DE filter

4. Back To Top    #4

Have you considered Valley Pools in Palmyra? I am in Lancaster and looking for an in-ground pool. I have not contacted Valley Pools as I am first considering a PB closer to me, but I might end up calling them for a quote. If you have contacted them, any thoughts you could share?
    16 x 32 vinyl In-ground Lagoon; Shallow pool 3' to 5'; Buddy Seat; IntelliBrite 5g LED; Pool Pilor Digital SWG, Pentair Clean & Clear Plus 320; Pentair Intelliflo VS + SVRS; Pentair Sand Shark. My Construction Thread - Spring 2012

5. Back To Top    #5

Haven't contacted Valley Pools,near Campbelltown. Did contact Crystal Pools. Their #'s were really far off from where I wanted to be. Found Accent Pools, they gave me a quote, #'s were good. Just waiting for the paperwork to arrive so i can lock in.
    I hear Universal Pools in Lebanon, PA--inground sales & installs-good work-hard to beat prices. Look them up.
    24x54 Sharkline Matrix
    Hayward ec50ac DE filter

6. Back To Top    #6

I will look them up - thank you for the feedback. I thought Crystal was a bit higher than i wanted to be as well and I wasn't too crazy about the salesman or his sales techniques. I know of someone who was able to negotiate a pretty good deal for themselves with them, though. Second PB I spoke with though I liked a lot, hopefully his numbers will be within what my thinking is.
    16 x 32 vinyl In-ground Lagoon; Shallow pool 3' to 5'; Buddy Seat; IntelliBrite 5g LED; Pool Pilor Digital SWG, Pentair Clean & Clear Plus 320; Pentair Intelliflo VS + SVRS; Pentair Sand Shark. My Construction Thread - Spring 2012

7. Back To Top    #7

There is a Anthony Sylvan dealer in Lancaster area (1 block from the airport. I used A&S here in the Exton, PA area to build my 30,000 gal inground concrete pool and swear by them. My pool, now 6 years old has had very few problems and all of the mechanical stuff, pool plaster and tile still looks new.
    Don SW Florida
    10,000 gal in ground concrete pool
    Pentair Cartridge filter, Pentair SWG, Pentair Intelliflow VS pump (11018)
    FAFCO solar panels w/Pentair SolarTouch controller
    using BBB for pool chemistry/Lamotte ColorQ tester for daily testing

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by donaldm823
    There is a Anthony Sylvan dealer in Lancaster area (1 block from the airport. I used A&S here in the Exton, PA area to build my 30,000 gal inground concrete pool and swear by them. My pool, now 6 years old has had very few problems and all of the mechanical stuff, pool plaster and tile still looks new.
    I actually live very close to the A&S in Lancaster, but the only reason I didn't contact them is because they don't do vinyl (which is what I am budgeting for). Thanks for the feedback about them though, as I've heard mixed reviews. We only plan on being in this house another 5-10 years, but the next (and final) home will have a gunite pool (and a larger yard to accommodate the pool I really want!)

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by Stilly
    Quote Originally Posted by donaldm823
    I actually live very close to the A&S in Lancaster, but the only reason I didn't contact them is because they don't do vinyl (which is what I am budgeting for). Thanks for the feedback about them though, as I've heard mixed reviews. We only plan on being in this house another 5-10 years, but the next (and final) home will have a gunite pool (and a larger yard to accommodate the pool I really want!)
    You may want to contact A&S anyway. Quotes are free. When we built our pool, A&S was cheaper than the liner quotes we received.
    23K Gunite IG Pool
    Waterway Crystal Water SVL56 Pump/1.5HP AO Smith Motor
    Hayward Star-Clear Plus Cartridge Filter C17502
    Aquarite 40k SWG
    Polaris 360

10. Back To Top    #10

I might just look into them, as well. Thanks for the feedback!