Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Minimax II D 200 Heater

1. Back To Top    #1

Minimax II D 200 Heater

Just joined TFP and I am excited to take on the pool. I think I made a mistake replacing my very old pool heater with a newer one I was lead to believe was a 9 year old Minimax 200. Having looked at the unit closer it is made by Purex Pool Systems Inc (now Pentair) and is Minimax II D, Model #200 Seriel # 00695031. Does anyone know the last year this model was made - how old it actually is? It does not ignite and I am wondering if I should replace it. Lastly, any chance anyone has a manual for this?

Thank you very much and please try to withold comments regarding my idiocy for purchasing an old heap of metal. I am new at this!!
    20000 Gal
    Intelliflow Pump @ 2000 RPM

2. Back To Top    #2

South Central NJ

Re: Minimax II D 200 Heater

Sounds about right, age wise.

If you paid more $200, you paid too much, IMHO.

Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Minimax II D 200 Heater

Regrettably I did pay more. However, I did get it running. I did a host of cleaning and general maintenance, without any luck, then I wired it for a 120v configuration (it was wired for 240v which I assumed it was because my variable speed pump is on a 240v line) and it worked.
    20000 Gal
    Intelliflow Pump @ 2000 RPM