I know many of you use liquid bleach, but I was surfing around today and found a Q&A site for pool care that had something interesting that I wasn't aware.
The resident expert over there said that when you use dry shock, you should not have your filter running. You should broadcast it at night and let it sit. They said that it is a "dragger" and will drag the algae, etc to the bottom of the pool.
Now, I must say that until I recently found poolforum and this place, I learned most of what I know from my local Leslies, but they told me that I should run my filter when I shock.
What say, ye experts? Have I been lead astray by Leslie's?