Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Goldline display 9900

1. Back To Top    #1

Goldline display 9900

My system is approx 6 years old and the salt read out is 9900. The generator is not making chlorine. Wonder is anyone has seen this before. Thanks in advance..

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Goldline display 9900

Hi Nicko, welcome to TFP!
    So, it went from reading normal levels and generating to reading 9900 and not generating over a short time? If the cell is 6 years old, it is likely getting pretty senile and might need replacing.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the quick reply. I replaced the cell last summer and im still using the original controller box. Yes I started to see a change of color in the water one day and checked the box, and it reads 9900. I tested my water and had zero chlorine in it. I have a power light, but nothing else. I can scroll through the menu on the digital display.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

May be a stupid question, but have you tested the actual salt level in the pool lately?
    25K aggregate IG, Intellipro, FNS48, Polaris 360, PG2000 fiber optic light source

5. Back To Top    #5

I don't consider any question stupid. I took a sample to my local pool shop two days ago, and they said my salt was 2500. But zero chlorine.

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

Does your pool store have a goldline cell tester? I might would start by testing the cell if that option were availible.
    25K aggregate IG, Intellipro, FNS48, Polaris 360, PG2000 fiber optic light source

7. Back To Top    #7

OK, first thing is to fix the water chemistry, because algae growing can screw up a lot of things. It would be time well spent to take a read through pool school (button in the upper right corner of the page), especially the article called "how to shock your pool"
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

Your salt level is also low, so of you do correct the problem, you'll show a check salt and inspect cell light when you get things fixed.

9. Back To Top    #9

I have the exact same problem. Hayward salt generator reading 9900. The power light is the only light that is on and I am not producing chlorine. Would love to know if and how you solved your problem.
    9.400Gal, SWG, Sand Filter, IG, Fiber Glass, 1HP Pump 1 Velocity