Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need help understanding parts needed

1. Back To Top    #1

Need help understanding parts needed

TFP:

I am interested in getting a SWG this year. I am currently considering either the CPSC36 or CPSC48. If I buy the kit as listed here:

CPSC36

is there anything else i need to buy to complete the install? Ignoring any pipe and/or wire to connect it into the system.

Not sure i should post a new topic, but do you think it would be possible for me to wire the unit into my Intermatic timer myself? I don't know a whole lot about home electricity but i have installed many light switches, ceiling fans, lights, etc.
    Pentair WhisperFlo WFDS-4 - Pentair Tagelus TA 100D
    16x32 Vinyl Rectangle 3.5 to 8 ft deep - One skimmer, One dedicated suction, three returns - 2" PVC
    Poolvergnuegen Two Wheel Suction Cleaner - One Poolskim
    Inter-Fab T7 Diving Board w/Edgewater Assy - Four Pentair Deck Jets - Intermatic T10604R
    Circupool RJ45 - Taylor K-2006 Test Kit (purchased prior to learning of the TF-100, unfortunately)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need help understanding parts needed

If you've installed the type electrical devices you state you should be able to install the swcg without a problem.

I'd opt for the CPSC48 because it's a slightly better buy, but the 36 should be enough for your pool.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Salt. Here's my install story: cpsc48-install-mostly-new-reports-of-pool-conditions-t32089.html

If you have any specific questions I'll be happy to answer what I can.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

4. Back To Top    #4

The CompuPool owners manual doesn't explain how to actually use it. From the wiring instructions it looks as though the device receives power only when the pump is turned on by the pump timer. What is the timer in the CompuPool box doing? What happens if I manually turn on my pump, or change it's schedule? Do I have to synch something in the CompuPool?
    35k inground Plaster w/ attached spa, 2hp Pentair single speed pump, EasyTouch with Intellichlor, 48 Sqft DE filter, BBB managed

Need a heater!

5. Back To Top    #5

I'm not familiar with the internal timer. I've got it wired to the external timer, when the pump comes on so does the SWCG. The manual is written for external timer use. It doesn't do anything when it comes (set for external timer). You don't have to synch anything in the SWCG. My pump does 1 turnover in about 5 hours and that is what my pump is running. I have the SWCG set at 30%. In the summer I have to run the SWCG at 70%. Last year I ran for about 8 hours, I'll see how the water looks, we swim in the after noon, I like the pump running when people are swimming. So I may adjust my pump run time to later in the day.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

6. Back To Top    #6

If you don't use an external timer the internal one will start the pump and turn on the unit. I prefer the internal as it's one less thing to deal with and everything is in a nice neat package. You can use an external timer if you choose to and the swcg will start when it receives power.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

Ah, so this could replace my rusty intermatic timer for the pump? I was about to hook it into my insteon network instead.
    35k inground Plaster w/ attached spa, 2hp Pentair single speed pump, EasyTouch with Intellichlor, 48 Sqft DE filter, BBB managed

Need a heater!