Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Goldline Aqua Pod Remote Control Battery replacement?

1. Back To Top    #1

Goldline Aqua Pod Remote Control Battery replacement?

Can the batteries in these be replaced? i can find any answers anywhere! Mine will not hold a charge fr more than a few hrs. Its just over 2 years old.

Thanks
    8,000 Gal, 11 x 26.8ft Shotcrete Pool with "Cool Blue" Diamond Brite by ESSIG Pools with Artistic Pavers Deck
    Goldine AQL-PLUS w/Aqua Pod, Aqua-Rite T-CELL-15 SWG, Pentair WhisperFlo High Performance 1.5HP, 2 speed pump, Pentair IntelliBrite,
    Pentair 100sqft Cartridge Filter, 6 Pool returns, Skimmer and 2 Anti-Vortex Main Drains
    Pool's completed build 2/2010

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Goldline Aqua Pod Remote Control Battery replacement?

There are no batteries listed in the parts book.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

According to the manual it has a Li-Ion battery and they don't offer replacement. If you're adventurous you can take it apart and probably find a replacement that will work. However it may not be waterproof anymore once you put it back together.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Well I spoke to Hayward. Its not replaceable and now they tell me its a 1 year warranty. My manual say 3 years! its never been in the water.

I am going to file a complaint with Hayward about this and my pool company.
    8,000 Gal, 11 x 26.8ft Shotcrete Pool with "Cool Blue" Diamond Brite by ESSIG Pools with Artistic Pavers Deck
    Goldine AQL-PLUS w/Aqua Pod, Aqua-Rite T-CELL-15 SWG, Pentair WhisperFlo High Performance 1.5HP, 2 speed pump, Pentair IntelliBrite,
    Pentair 100sqft Cartridge Filter, 6 Pool returns, Skimmer and 2 Anti-Vortex Main Drains

5. Back To Top    #5

If your's was purchased as a systems, i.e. pump, filter, automation, etc... at the same time, the warranty is extended to 3 years. You may have to prove it to Hayward first though.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by PoolGuyNJ
    If your's was purchased as a systems, i.e. pump, filter, automation, etc... at the same time, the warranty is extended to 3 years. You may have to prove it to Hayward first though.

Scott
    Scott,

Everything was purchased when my pool was put in less than 2 hrs. Just the Automation is Goldline/Hayward Aquarite system. pump and filter is Pentair.

7. Back To Top    #7

Well, Hayward is giving the same canned response on my phone call. Their manual stares 3 years, but they are in siting that my remote is not covered.
    I am going to give serious thought in taking them to small claims court on this matter. I am beyond ****** with their customer service. There manual even states 5 yrs of battery life.

8. Back To Top    #8

Now I know what they say the Pool Industry is shady.

9. Back To Top    #9

Its the few that give us pool pros a bad name. It's also why I am here to help counter it.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Gio
    Now I know what they say the Pool Industry is shady.
    Who would build a remote that once the batteries drain they can't be replaced? I guess if a new one was $20 that would be ok. The pentair easy touch uses AA.
    DONE, 20 x 40, inground gunite, 30" raised bond beam with 3 12" sheer descents, 8' diving board, pentair 420 cartridge filter, vs-3050 pump, intellechlor ic-40, auto cvr, Tahoe blue pebble tech, 6ea 4' x 12.5' & 2ea 1' x 12.5' helicol solar panels, legend robotic cleaner.

11. Back To Top    #11

I have the same issue. I just moved into a home with a pool/spa and my AquaPod dies right when I remove it from the charger. I'm forced to buy another one for over $350 if I want it or just keep using this one and always have it plugged into the charger. This is Haywards version of the Iphone. Make the battery non-replaceable, so you're forced to buy a brand new one.
    15,000 gallon, Cartridge, In-Ground, Plaster Pool and Spa, Saltwater, Hayward AquaPlus Automated Chlorinator with Total Pool Chemistry Acid Feed System.

12. Back To Top    #12

I have had a similar issue with my Aqua Pod remote. My pool was installed 2 years ago this June. I found cleaning the contacts on the back of the remote and on the charging cradle with the eraser on a #2 pencil fixed my problem. Just rub the eraser on the contacts.

It wasn't the battery. The charger was making poor contact with the remote. I have to do this every couple of months now, but it fixed the problem.
    14,800; AG; clear water II DE filter; 1 hp pump; in line chlorinator; built may 2012; aquabot pool rover; TF100 test kit. LOCATED IN NJ

13. Back To Top    #13

First post

I'm having the same issue with shortening battery life, though still lasts about 2 hrs. My aquapod is about 3 yrs old and I have given it moderate usage. I'm going to try the pencil eraser to the contacts trick.

I found this video which may help someone; no specific info on which battery but maybe worth a try when it finally dies prior to shelling out $360 for a new remote:

[youtube:2w27h0l5]YX65hPhsWTw[/youtube:2w27h0l5]
    18,000 gallon "IG" rectangular pool/spa; gunite - plaster (blue tinted); colored concrete deck with 3 deck jets; 1.5 HP TriStar SP filter pump; 2.0 HP TriStar SP spa jets pump + blower; 3/4 HP Hayward booster; Hayward 6020 DE filter; H-series 400.000 BTU Hayward NG heater; Goldline/Hayward Pro-logic automation/SWCG running a Compupool "T-cell 15"; Goldline AquaPod remote; Hayward phantom cleaner; 3 Hayward Color-logic LEDs and a tenacious "pool guy". :P

14. Back To Top    #14

I watched the video and took my AquaPod apart preserving the rubber strip in one piece. I removed the battery and contacted the manufacturer in Germany. They wouldn't give any info on replacement. Went to Battery+Bulbs and found a Lithium Polymer battery for a GPS. RayOVac 10023 for GPS units. It was longer than the original. I spliced it on using the connector for the original battery. I had to position it in a different place to get it to fit. I used double stick tape to keep it in place and give it some thermal separation from the circuits. I re-assembled the remoter and put it on the charger. It immediately came to life and started charging. Works great! I'm going to reseal it with silicone glue but won't put it in water again.
    Attached Images Attached Images

15. Back To Top    #15

That is a one cell lipo, you can also find these at rc hobby stores in different sizes.
    DONE, 20 x 40, inground gunite, 30" raised bond beam with 3 12" sheer descents, 8' diving board, pentair 420 cartridge filter, vs-3050 pump, intellechlor ic-40, auto cvr, Tahoe blue pebble tech, 6ea 4' x 12.5' & 2ea 1' x 12.5' helicol solar panels, legend robotic cleaner.

16. Back To Top    #16

hey guys the contacts on the charger base also get pushed in after time and i had to unplug it and bend the contacts out some so when i plugged the remote into the base all the contacts touched better!
    20K PLASTER POOLSPA WITH QUARTZITE TILE LINE & SPILLWAY