Waterway pump/motor

They don't make lights, they don't make heaters, they don't make automation, they don't make a turnkey solution with extended warranties.

Quality is fair to good on pumps and filters so I see no need to use them unless its a repair job.

One thing do do well is make spa jets.

Scott

I have only come across one Waterway in all my day, and I wasn't very impressed. With pumps I pretty much use Pentair exclusively. I agree with poolman, Intelliflos are very nice. and will be completely programmable/controllable with your easytouch.

You guys convinced me. A little studying is all it took. I've talked to our PB and will be going with a 1-1.5HP Pentair Intellifo VF drive motor/pump.

It will cost several hundred $$$ more, but I suspect it will be worth it and pay for itself in the long run.

Sent From My Inspire 4G Using Tapatalk

IMHO, I think it is probably much more pump than you will need. If you need to have more than two speeds, a VS is a good choice and for places where the electrical rates are high, it can make sense. But a two speed can save almost as much energy as a VS and it costs much less. In many cases, a two speed can have a lower life time costs than a VS.

But if you do decide to go with the Intelliflo, you really don't need more than the VS-3050 because you have the controller already. That should save you about $400.

Mas is correct. All intelliflo pumps are based around and have the capacity of a 3hp whisperflo or maxepro, which is probably more than most any residential pool needs. Whoever installs it will probably program a max rpm so that it does not exceed what the rest of your equipment can handle.

With that said, you can tune a VSP to whatever your needs are. With a 2 speed you are limited to those two speeds only and if the low speed isn't what you want then you're stuck with it. Judging by your setup, there's a good chance you'll only use two or three of those speeds, but they'll be the ones you need. Add that to the construction of the VS motors (aluminum, TEFC) and the prime and freeze protection that VS pumps offer, and it makes the extra cost worth IMO.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok, one more question. We will have a large waterfall that will be powered from this pump also. Would the VF not be better considering the waterfall will be valved in and out on a varying schedule? I would like the flow to adjust to automatically compensate for this.
I really appreciate the input. I'm hoping to have this set up to be as relatively care free as possible.

If I understand your question correctly, mas is correct in what he says. The controller will tell your pump what to do in those situations. For instance, you'll program the valve for the fountain to open at a certain time and the speed to adjust at that same time.

Ordered from In The Swim thru Amazon. Pump arrived via FedEx today. That was FAST! But I have a question: there is obvious moisture on the strainer lid. Is this normal? Hoping it is just due to the cold temps around here the last few days.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.