18X48 easy set / 2650 sfp, connection frustration

Jul 26, 2011
Hello everybody,

I have an 18 x 48" Intex, Easy set pool. I've had it for nearly a year now, and I must admit that I am a complete novice at this pool thing.
I left the pool up over the winter, and my maintenance was very lacking... :(

I bought the intex 2650 sand filter system, after reading a few replies here, and checking a few reviews. I was just out there, setting everything up, and I'm having "issues"...

I'm having the trouble with the connectors provided... I have the "B" connectors, but not the "black connectors"... (which can be seen in this youtube video)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS_95spxFaM Right between 6:25 and 6:35 of the video.

It seems as if my pool should have came with these?

Any help would be appreciated greatly!

- Rick

Thinking about this, and reading a few other topics...

Can I cut / modify the holes in the side of the pool, to accept the bigger fittings / parts?

If so, does anybody have any suggestions on what tools would be best for this? Best methods, ect...

All suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated. :thumleft:

George N said:
Are you sure that your pool isn't already setup for the larger connectors?
My 18' has them.
But if cutting I would use a box cutter (razor) or a sharp pocketknife.

Yeah, this has been a problem... I bought the deluxe pool vac kit, and it wouldn't connect either. For some reason, I have an oddball size. Even the Intex service help was confused.

Inlet to pool from the pump.
428602_10150587215543724_520313723_8723250_1084295682_n.jpg

Looks to be 2" ?
431275_10150587220408724_520313723_8723259_645341282_n.jpg

Out to pump
407927_10150587215748724_520313723_8723251_648487876_n.jpg

New parts that came with the 2650 sand filter pump. Looks to be 2 1/4" ?
417897_10150587223763724_520313723_8723261_1712698611_n.jpg

Any suggestions? The "B" adapter wont fit over the existing 1 1/2" connectors.
Are there other parts I can / should buy, or should I just grind / cut the extra material, and use the new parts that came with the new sand filter?

Thank you!

Are you sure the pool is an Intex? The outlet connection looks the same as mine which was a Summer Escapes. I ended up cutting out the holes to a larger diameter. I did mine in the summer with it full of water using a box cutter. I had my 5 year old daughter hold a bowl over the inside of the hole while I cut it out. I was careful and actually had to cut twice as the first time I was too conservative. I didn't lose much water and the pool was a lot clearer after that. Part of that was I'd found this site, part was a bad pump. We had such a good experience with it that we've acquired a free craig's list pool and are working on the install now.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The box that it came in was an Intex "easyset" box... But, the name "summer escapes" does sound familiar. I bought this from Walmart almost a year ago. I wonder if the liner is a summer escapes?!?

Either way, thank you for answering my question.

I'll be cutting it to accept the new parts. :)

I'll be sure to post some pictures, and let you know how it went.

Thank you!

Ok... Here is what happened. The pool portion was indeed a summer escape pool. When I originally bought the pool, it came in an intex box. Looking back, I knew there was an issue of being repacked by the store (WalMart)... It was missing a part, and the box wasn't packed very neatly.

That being said, I used a utility knife and a bowl to cover the opening from the inside. I neatly trimmed the proper amount of material away, and put the hardware in place. For other pool noobs like myself, I will tell you that this process was easier than I had expected it to be.

The Intex 2650 sand filter is working great. I just can't believe how much water this thing is pushing!

I certainly have egg on my face, because I should have read the name on the side of the pool. That being said, everything worked out great. :-D

Thank you all for taking the time to help.

Got the hole roughed out 2 weeks ago. Started it with tractor and scoop but too much and to hard of ground. So got a family friend with a backhole to do it for $100. Had to go 2 1/2 feet down on the uphill side just to get to level. Right now the downhill side is dug in about a foot. Still need to finish the hole but bad weather has slowed it down, still have a lot of shovel work to do. Also I work slow :). Plan is to dish out the center some, add about 4" of crusher/stone dust. Once I've made some significant progress I'll post pics. We have a pretty good pile of dirt and rock by the hole right now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.