Change Out Goldline Aqualogic AQL-P4 to Goldline PL-P4 ?

Nov 29, 2011
Magnolia Texas
I've got a 7 year old Goldline Aqualogic AQL-P-4 (Saltwater) pool/spa system. In the last year when the chlorinator kicks in the system has been shutting off and giving me an error message and to call Goldline. Until recently it did this after running for a few hours. Now it ccurs after a few minutes or even on start up whien the SWG kicks on. At this point I think it may be the main board and or transformer (process of elimination). Rather than spend $400.00 on a new logic board I found on ebay Hayward Goldline PL-P4 system.

It appears to be the updated version of what I have. My questions are:
Is it the updated system of my old AQL P4?
Would the new system be a "drop in" and transfer of the old breakers?
Anything I should be aware of?
Is there a better option?

The cost for the new system is $580.00 including shipping. With that close of a price difference I'm really tempted to just upgrade the entire box. Any advice is appreciated as I have to do something before things warm up.
Thank you.

Re: Change Out Goldline Aqualogic AQL-P4 to Goldline PL-P4

I ended up ordering a Prologic Logic P4. Since it's a drop in replacement and I got it for $529.00 with a 3 year warranty, it made it an easy choice. On my old 7 year old Aqualogic I think both the transformer and logic board were bad. Even buying replacement parts off of ebay, I'm would still be at the $450.00 plus range with no real warranty and an old system.

Re: Change Out Goldline Aqualogic AQL-P4 to Goldline PL-P4

Hello,

Did you use the existing enlcosure when you swapped out your AQL-P4 with the PL-P-4? Is there anything I should be aware of when doing the swap out? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.