We just moved into a new house. I tested the water with my TF-100 kit. My results:
CYA=120-140 Hard to say exactly since scale starts at 100.
CH=Need new reagent.
3 FEB: (from Leslie's)
Here's what they told me:
1. Current FC levels will be fine with the CYA. No need to drain pool to bring CYA down.
2. I need some PhosFree or something to bring down the Phospates.
3. Add 20% of acid to bring down the pH
1. From reading here the FC levels need to be over 11 or so for the current CYA readings. Will it balance out with keeping the FC that high since the CYA will maintain it longer? Will we be able to notice the higher chlorine content when swimming? He tried to tell me that even if I do a partial drain that it might not bring my CYA down.
2. Not sure about the phosphates.
3. I agree with the acid.
Thanks for any thoughts and comments.