brownchristian

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 7, 2011
Houston, TX
I assume this is the best place to post this. I am wanting to build a bath house in the backyard for my pool. Problem I have is getting sanitary sewer to the only location I can feasible build my bath house. I think there is enough fall for a gravity fed sewer system but I will have to go through several landscape areas and gravel areas. I have been considering a grinder pump system with a force main or a self composting toilet. Anyone else had this same dilemna and figured out a solution. Also if any of you have pics of your pool houses please post for info.

:bump:
A composting toilet is likely to gross people out. Not because they're actually disgusting, but the idea sounds vile to someone who's never heard of it before. People will think twice about eating your homegrown vegetables......

We are also thinking of adding a bathroom and shower to our pool house, which is down-slope about 5 feet and about 100 feet away from the main house (which has a sewer line about this distance as well). I'm not sure how far down the house sewer line goes, but I know the sewer in the street is 10 feet below grade. So, we would have two options: 1) run a long line to the sewer in the street (via a tee near the end of our property) or 2) run a shorter line through the yard to the house and use a pump. The former would be very expensive out here (probably around $10K or so, and the latter would be doable but a bit of a pain. There are special pumps designed for basement bathrooms that will not only pump the sewage up to the level of the sewer pipes in the house, but that will also "macerate" the waste. So in our case, we may need to do this. An alternative would be to just add an outdoor bathroom to the house, and that may be what we'll do when we do some remodeling. For us, the advantage of adding a sewer line to the pool house would be that it would allow us to add a sink to the BBQ island, which currently lacks one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.