Spa leak after earthquake

guamguy

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 26, 2010
Guam, USA
We had an earthquake here last week (5.3), and a few hours after the quake I noticed my spa water level was about 6 inches below normal. I let it go just to see what happened, and before I went to bed the water was at the level of the returns :( . Thankfully, the pool wasn't affected. I'm going to do some minor troubleshooting this weekend to see if it's easily fixable, but if not, a call to the insurance company may be in my near future. I'll be sure to post some pics of the broken piping once it is found. Wish me luck!

Re: Spa leak after earthquake. It's Fixed!!!

It's been a while since I last posted about this, but I got around to fixing the spa yesterday. It turns out the leak was the conduit for the light fixture. Easy fix, just drained the water out, mix up some pool putty and seal around the spot where the cord goes through :cool: I've been procrastinating for a very long time, but I wanted to see what I could do to get it working for today's big pool party. Insurance was going to pay for the repairs, but it's been hard trying to find a company that would do the work. I'm happy, the wife and kids are happy :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.