Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Spa leak after earthquake

1. Back To Top    #1

Spa leak after earthquake

We had an earthquake here last week (5.3), and a few hours after the quake I noticed my spa water level was about 6 inches below normal. I let it go just to see what happened, and before I went to bed the water was at the level of the returns . Thankfully, the pool wasn't affected. I'm going to do some minor troubleshooting this weekend to see if it's easily fixable, but if not, a call to the insurance company may be in my near future. I'll be sure to post some pics of the broken piping once it is found. Wish me luck!
    12,800 gallon IG plaster kidney-shaped pool, waterslide, 800 gallon spa.
    1HP 2 speed Sta-Rite pool pump, 1.5 HP Sta-Rite spa jet pump. 2 skimmers, 1 main drain
    Purex-Triton TR-60 325 lb.sand filter. 2" Plumbing, Intex SWCG, TF-100 test kit.
    Link to pics of my pool! http://www.troublefreepool.com/my-oasis-t26558.html

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Spa leak after earthquake

Oh dear~~

What sad news. I am wishing you the best and hoping that the problem reveals itself without too much grief and the fix is not too big of a pain. *crossing fingers*

Let us know~~

Lana
    23,600 gallon, refurbished 1960's inground concrete, Jandy sand filter w Jandy 2 hp variable speed pump, Pool Pilot Digital SWCG+Chemtrol 2100+CO2 tank; PebbleTec White Pearl with 10% Cobalt Blue Dark Beadcrete by Olympic Pool Plastering, Georgia. Taylor K-2006 Test Kit; Aqua Check Salt test; LaMotte borates test, and Jack's Magic Sequest test kit; SparklyPoolitis level: extremely high.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Spa leak after earthquake

Good luck! Want to see some pics!
    (DIY):16K Gal 20X30 rectangular IG Gunite, w/spa, CCP 520 filter,2 Pentair VS pumps, 400KBTU Pentair gas heater, Heat Pump for cooling, **update5.25.2013** added an intellichem with acid pump that will control existing SWG. My Build Thread Here

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: Spa leak after earthquake. It's Fixed!!!

It's been a while since I last posted about this, but I got around to fixing the spa yesterday. It turns out the leak was the conduit for the light fixture. Easy fix, just drained the water out, mix up some pool putty and seal around the spot where the cord goes through I've been procrastinating for a very long time, but I wanted to see what I could do to get it working for today's big pool party. Insurance was going to pay for the repairs, but it's been hard trying to find a company that would do the work. I'm happy, the wife and kids are happy
    12,800 gallon IG plaster kidney-shaped pool, waterslide, 800 gallon spa.
    1HP 2 speed Sta-Rite pool pump, 1.5 HP Sta-Rite spa jet pump. 2 skimmers, 1 main drain
    Purex-Triton TR-60 325 lb.sand filter. 2" Plumbing, Intex SWCG, TF-100 test kit.
    Link to pics of my pool! http://www.troublefreepool.com/my-oasis-t26558.html