Over sized T cell SWG

HeyJoe

Feb 2, 2012
Hello,

Brand new to the board and pool ownership. I just bought a house in AZ with a SWG. After a cleaning, and testing, it appeared my 7 year old cell was dead. No problem. So, I have been working with a local pool care business and they sold me a Hayward T15 for pools up to 40K gal. My pool is estimated to be around 15000 gal. It seems like a much cheaper T3 rated for 15000 gal would have met my needs. I paid 450 bucks.

Will the larger cell last longer, work eaiser, etc? Or did I get taken to the cleaners?

Thanks.

Joe

The larger cell should last longer, since you should be able to run it at a lower percentage than your old cell, if the original was sized for a 15k pool.

Someone with more swg experience should be along to give a more detailed answer.

You can't put the smaller cell on an older system. Has to have been made in the last 2-3 years. I forget off the top of my head what revision it is.

You'd probably work that cell too hard anyways IMO

We regularly put 40k cells on 15k pools in Phoenix. They get alot of use, and longer use do to our weather.
You will be happier with it, and it should last longer.
It costs about $100 more then a t-5 (they dont even sell a t-3 here) and should last 5 years. So you are spending $20 more a year.
Big props to who ever you bought it from they made about $20.00 :goodjob:

Thanks for the feed back!! The folks I have been dealing with have been great and patient with me. The price was 580, but the guy found a 20% coupon and applied it on the spot. Thanks again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.