Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help Identifying Eyeball and Retaining Ring

1. Back To Top    #1

Help Identifying Eyeball and Retaining Ring

This is me the past few days trying to find replacement parts for the spa part of my pool:

Attached is a photo of an eyeball and retaining ring used in my spa. The retaining ring is 1.5", if not a tiny bit bigger. For the life of me I can't find any matches on any of the spa parts sites. The main thing throwing me off are the huge thread(s) on the retaining ring, which don't seem to match anything of any size.

Do these look familiar to anyone? Any idea of where to find replacements or who makes 'em?

[attachment=0:3f33bl8f]IMG_1311.JPG[/attachment:3f33bl8f]

I ended up a retaining ring short when a couple of them came lose and fell off (running under no freeze mode), and only one them made it into the basket. What I'd really like to do is upgrade my jets to something nicer. Is that even possible?

Thanks!

V
    12K gallon 8' in-ground w/ Hef-style mini-grotto - Pentair IntelliFlo VS-3050 - Pentair Clean & Clear Plus 520 - Pentair MasterTemp 400BTU Heater - UltraPure Oxidizer - Nature2 ProG Mineral Filter (unused) - Pentair 320 Chlorine Feeder (Unused) - A&A In-Floor Max - Pentair Intellitouch i7+3 w/ Mobi and iPhone/PC ScreenLogic - IntelliBrite Color LED x 3 - Intellibrite Landscape LED x 10 - TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Help Identifying Eyeball and Retaining Ring

If you cant find a part # on the old eyeball fitting you can measure the inside diamater of the return line and find an eyeball fitting that fits to the inside of the return line. The new eyeball fitting will fit tight to the inside of the return line so you will need a rubber hamer to gently drive it in.

Good Luck,
    Tom

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you for the backup plan. In your experience, have you ever heard of anyone successfully changing the ends of their returns to something more common or nicer?
    12K gallon 8' in-ground w/ Hef-style mini-grotto - Pentair IntelliFlo VS-3050 - Pentair Clean & Clear Plus 520 - Pentair MasterTemp 400BTU Heater - UltraPure Oxidizer - Nature2 ProG Mineral Filter (unused) - Pentair 320 Chlorine Feeder (Unused) - A&A In-Floor Max - Pentair Intellitouch i7+3 w/ Mobi and iPhone/PC ScreenLogic - IntelliBrite Color LED x 3 - Intellibrite Landscape LED x 10 - TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

I'd like to know if anyone's been able to find out what to replace these with. Ive been missing one since I bought my house last year.
    14,000 gallon IG plaster pool, Cartridge Filter

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by jlentz32
    I'd like to know if anyone's been able to find out what to replace these with. Ive been missing one since I bought my house last year.
    Do you know if it was Anthony & Sylvan who built your pool?

6. Back To Top    #6

No idea. Built around 95.
    14,000 gallon IG plaster pool, Cartridge Filter