Turning Your Green Swamp Back into a Sparkling Oasis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Turning Your Green Swamp Back into a Sparking Oasis

:goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Thanks for putting this together Jason! I am just about finished turning my semi-swamp back into the sparkLing oasis it once was. Late last summer, I started getting algae on the north-west facing wall and I let it get away from me over the winter. I started working on the pool Friday morning and by tonight (Sunday night) the pool is at the murky grayish stage. It's nice to see the bottom again.

Also, thanks to the guys over at http://www.tftestkits.net for getting my TF-100 XL shipped so fast! :cheers:

Great to see you made it Barbie! This thread is a good one as well as reading Pool School for help with a green pool

As long as freezing isn't a problem, the pool isn't currently winterized, and you have the pump running, fighting algae is easier when the water is cold. Algae grows much more slowly when the water is cold, so it doesn't take quite as much to kill it off.

Though it will be a slower process since the oxidation of the algae will take longer. So easier, but slower. To the degree that you are able to filter out the algae, then that will make things go faster since filtration/circulation speed isn't affected by the colder water.

Thanks for the advice in this thread!!! This thread combined with the Pool School and information available on this forum is well worth the cost of Lifetime Supporter!!

I've read the instructions and only have one question. My pool is in the murky green stage and I was wondering if I should run the filter system 24/7 for a few days before beginning the chlorine treatment or start both the filter system and the shock treatment at the same time?

Thanks
Charlie

charsand, start the pump and filter going an hour or more before you start shocking so you can get reliable water test results and see if there is anything that needs adjusting before you start shocking. Other than that, there isn't much point is starting any earlier than that.

I just want to say thank you for this thread!!!! I started Thursday (as a 1st year AGP owner) with a swamp, have followed these instructions to a T and now have white water and can almost see the bottom! Still have a long ways to go but couldnt have done it without yalls help!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
THANK YOU for this site and this thread as well. I literally turned pond water into a sparkling clean beautiful pool with the advice here! Our pool was nearly empty this spring (not sure why b/c it's holding water just fine & not leaking) so instead of trucking water in we filled it with water from a pond- the water came complete with a frog :) Not sure how he fit through the hose, but he did! So anyway, THANK YOU again! :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.