Pool Finish

Re: POOL FINISH

Marquis is one of several brands of plaster with quartz added for color and improved lifetime. In general, quartz mixed into plaster looks very nice and lasts longer than regular plaster. As with any pool finish, the skill of the installer is much more important than what specific kind of pool surface you choose. Get references for your installer and check them.

I have the Marbletite marquis finish in Bluestone. The finish itself is not rough. The bluestone color (essentially blue and black colored quartz) adds a nice light blue water color - a bit bluer than aqua.

The distribution of the additive to the mix is important. We have a few places that are not perfectly distributed but it does not impact the finish. I can post a few pictures of the finish. The pool builder should be able to take you out to see a few of his completed pools so you can evaluate the work as well as the color.
Cheers - Taz

Reactions: jcalvano

Taz said:
I have the Marbletite marquis finish in Bluestone. The finish itself is not rough. The bluestone color (essentially blue and black colored quartz) adds a nice light blue water color - a bit bluer than aqua.

The distribution of the additive to the mix is important. We have a few places that are not perfectly distributed but it does not impact the finish. I can post a few pictures of the finish. The pool builder should be able to take you out to see a few of his completed pools so you can evaluate the work as well as the color.
Cheers - Taz

Thanks taz you have the color we plan on doing......would love to see a pic or two. Thanks for the info as well.

Never ask a TFP guy/gal for a photo of their pool! Hope these help you get an idea. Our pool is also a 15 x 30 but a touch deeper (3.5 to 5.5 ft).

[attachment=2:37z0vp73]pool_overcast (640x480).jpg[/attachment:37z0vp73]
[attachment=1:37z0vp73]pool_sun (640x480).jpg[/attachment:37z0vp73] (just after completion)
[attachment=0:37z0vp73]Pool_steps (640x480).jpg[/attachment:37z0vp73] (this morning)

Attachments

• pool_overcast (640x480).jpg
    pool_overcast (640x480).jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 758
  • pool_sun (640x480).jpg
    pool_sun (640x480).jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 767
  • Pool_steps (640x480).jpg
    Pool_steps (640x480).jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 754

Taz said:
Never ask a TFP guy/gal for a photo of their pool! Hope these help you get an idea. Our pool is also a 15 x 30 but a touch deeper (3.5 to 5.5 ft).

[attachment=2:2knppl75]pool_overcast (640x480).jpg[/attachment:2knppl75]
[attachment=1:2knppl75]pool_sun (640x480).jpg[/attachment:2knppl75] (just after completion)
[attachment=0:2knppl75]Pool_steps (640x480).jpg[/attachment:2knppl75] (this morning)

Thanks Taz, exactly what we want....looks great.
Marty

mvk111 said:
Any good/bad on the marquis pool finish? I think it is a popular Florida product. Any feedback would be great...thanks.

I am also from Tampa Bay (Land O Lakes), building a similar pool 30 x 15, 3-6 deep and the main question is about the interior finishing. Riviera Pools is recomending Stonescape and Clean Tech Pools is suggesting Marquis/Quartz.

What did you end up using?

Thanks!

I don't think you can go wrong with any of these products. We have the Beach Series Antigua and the wife picked it out as she wanted light blue colors. We also looked at 2 other pools with this and we loved it. Look at some pics in the sig. Hope this helps. :cheers: :cheers:

I just had the Marquis Quartz Bluestone installed in my pool as a resurface project. They finished Monday, most of the dust is gone already (today is Wednesday). Anybody able to comment how their finish is holding up? Looking forward to jumping into the pool with the new finish. It used to be so rough and ugly before.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Cheers - Taz
Can you post a pic of what pool color looks like under a screened in patio? Having a hard time finding a picture.

I just had the Marquis Quartz Bluestone installed in my pool as a resurface project. They finished Monday, most of the dust is gone already (today is Wednesday). Anybody able to comment how their finish is holding up? Looking forward to jumping into the pool with the new finish. It used to be so rough and ugly before.
Hi, I know it’s been quite a while since your post, but I’m wondering how your Marquis quartz surface has held up? We are currently trying to decide between the Marquis quartz and the Stonescapes mini pebble for our resurface. Thanks

Reactions: jcalvano
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.