Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Rover

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Rover

How well does the Pool Rover do with leaves at the bottom of the pool? If I decide to buy the Rover online, where do I get service while in the warranty period? Is it better to spend the extra money and buy it locally, in case of problems? Is there any difference, other than cord length, between the Pool Rover and Pool Rover Jr.?

Thanks
    21' Round AGP, 10k gallons - 2hp 2spd pump - 300lb sand filter - Stenner Chlorine Injector - Pool Rover

2. Back To Top    #2

I use a Pool Rover that I purchased from costco. It is a simple design but does an excellent job on cleaning the pool. Mine came with two bags. One is used for larger debris such as leaves and the other bag filters vacuums very fine particles. Very happy with my unit.
    34'X 15' 3'-8' depth 22,000 gallon in-ground Grecian style built July of 2004, Blue Tahoe PebbleSheen, Poolpilot DIG-220 w/SC-60 SWCG, Pentair WFE-4 1HP filter pump, 6' S/S Waterfall and WFEDS-6 2 spd Waterfall pump, Letro Legend Platinum cleaner w/LA01N pump, Sta-Rite DE filter S8D110 53 sq. ft., 648 sq ft. East facing Solar panels w/Pentair LX 220 solar control, 6' Pewter Gray SR Smith Glas-Hide dive board on black powder coated cantilever stand w/SS hardware

3. Back To Top    #3

I have a Pool Rover also and it does a excellent job of cleaning leaves out of the pool.
    15x30x54 AGP, Hayward 1hp 2 spd pump, cartridge filter, Royal Entrance steps,Pool Rover Jr

4. Back To Top    #4

Now, I just need to decide if to purchase locally or online.

Thanks Jet4 and RonI
    21' Round AGP, 10k gallons - 2hp 2spd pump - 300lb sand filter - Stenner Chlorine Injector - Pool Rover

5. Back To Top    #5
    i have seen a lot of good deals on line about $329-$369
    great product
    when i had a aboveground pool i used it like 3x a week and the pool was always pretty clean
    try and make sure that you get all bags for it
    paul

6. Back To Top    #6

Does anyone know the differences between the Rover and Rover Jr.?

Thanks

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by kmb997
    Does anyone know the differences between the Rover and Rover Jr.?

Thanks
    As far as i can tell the only difference is that the Rover is built a little heavier than the junior. The main difference I found is around the axles the Rover has them mostly enclosed while the Junior has them exposed.

On another note, check this out: http://www.shopthegreatescape.com/ecom/ ... c3965aa117

It's like a cross between http://www.aquajet.us/2005_pages/aquajet_2005.htm and http://www.aquajet.us/2005_pages/TjetAG_2005.html

but it's a lot less expensive. Made by same company.

I would have bought this if I hadn't already gotten the Junior. It's made by aquabot.
    Wilbar 12 x 17 Buttress Free AG (~4400 Gal?)
    Hayward 225 sq ft cartridge filter
    1/2 HP Pentair Whisperflo
    Liquidator chlorine feeder
    Pool Rover Jr.
    BBB - it's the way to go

8. Back To Top    #8

I think I will just get the Rover, since it's the only decent robot that I can get locally. With an online purchase, I would probably end up spending the savings on shipping costs if something were to go wrong.

Thanks