Stub pipe for tanning ledge bubbler fountains?

Jan 30, 2012
I have a threaded stub pipe in the center of my spa so the water will come to the surface and become a fountain.

I also have 2 bubblers in the tanning ledge floor that are not threaded and are cut even with the floor, but even with only 8" of water to go through to get to the surface, they barely make much of a "bubble".

Does anyone know of a push-in or knock-in -type of tube or pipe that I could temporarily put in the bubblers to raise the water's exit so it will be more like the fountain in my spa?

Thanks in advance for any recommendations!

I can't help with the stub pipe in the spa.

The water depth on our tanning ledge is about 6 inches. My 2 hp pump has no problem getting a two to three foot high fountain. It would even go higher if I adjusted the valves. Double check the valves going to the bubblers and see if they can be adjusted to divert more flow to the bubblers.

Thanks for the quick reply...I too have a 2HP pump, and moved all valves so water only fed the 2 bubblers...still got just a mound of water less than 12" above water-level. I'm glad to have your second opinion for when I talk to the pool builder again; thanks!

Yeah, ask the pool contractor to put some "insider" fittings on them. This will give you threaded fittings set flush into the plaster. then you can put regular fittings or some pipe with screw fittings to raise up the water exit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.