Hot Start / Pressure Side / PebbleFina Help

Nov 24, 2011
We just finished our pool with a Saphire Galaxy PebbleFina finish. When the pool was started up they did a "hot-start" which I understood was lowering the pH to cure and do other things to the PebbleFina. Basically it helps pull out the shell & sparkles. It has since been brought back tot he correct pH.

However we were told we need to brush everything a couple of times a day for a week or more (which we have) but now there is a very fine layer of the "blue" dust and other very very fine particles in the pool (floor & walls). We have a pressure side cleaner and it cruises around the pool just fine, but it only gets the big stuff like leaves. The very fine powder I assume just goes through the bag and therefore it never gets picked up and just gets redistributed around the pool.

When we used the hot-tub we had "blue" dirt on everything that touched the walls and seats. Once it is brushed out of the way, it is fine, but kinda odd. Any ideas?

I used to have a suction side filter on my last pool and it took care of everything. Am I missing something?

I'm pretty sure that is what they called the "hot start". They brought the entire pool's pH down to some unspecified number for a couple of days then brought it back up.

They told me not to swim in the water until they were done. The one time I got my hand in the water it burned a little bit, so I know it was acidic. The big difference I guess is they didn't take the water and "dust" out like a true "wash" would since the water was never replaced, just neutralized.

PoolGuyNJ said:
Didn't they do an acid wash after letting it sit overnight?

Scott

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.