Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hot Start / Pressure Side / PebbleFina Help

1. Back To Top    #1

Hot Start / Pressure Side / PebbleFina Help

We just finished our pool with a Saphire Galaxy PebbleFina finish. When the pool was started up they did a "hot-start" which I understood was lowering the pH to cure and do other things to the PebbleFina. Basically it helps pull out the shell & sparkles. It has since been brought back tot he correct pH.

However we were told we need to brush everything a couple of times a day for a week or more (which we have) but now there is a very fine layer of the "blue" dust and other very very fine particles in the pool (floor & walls). We have a pressure side cleaner and it cruises around the pool just fine, but it only gets the big stuff like leaves. The very fine powder I assume just goes through the bag and therefore it never gets picked up and just gets redistributed around the pool.

When we used the hot-tub we had "blue" dirt on everything that touched the walls and seats. Once it is brushed out of the way, it is fine, but kinda odd. Any ideas?

I used to have a suction side filter on my last pool and it took care of everything. Am I missing something?
    Economic downfall made me loose everything, I had had two houses one of them I lost because of a wrongful foreclosure. The other one was lucky enough to get a status of foreclosure freeze. But who cares! life just goes on. I love this forum and I am happy to be a member here.
    Nida Harpster

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hot Start / Pressure Side / PebbleFina Help

Didn't they do an acid wash after letting it sit overnight?

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

I'm pretty sure that is what they called the "hot start". They brought the entire pool's pH down to some unspecified number for a couple of days then brought it back up.

They told me not to swim in the water until they were done. The one time I got my hand in the water it burned a little bit, so I know it was acidic. The big difference I guess is they didn't take the water and "dust" out like a true "wash" would since the water was never replaced, just neutralized.

Quote Originally Posted by PoolGuyNJ
    Didn't they do an acid wash after letting it sit overnight?

Scott
    Economic downfall made me loose everything, I had had two houses one of them I lost because of a wrongful foreclosure. The other one was lucky enough to get a status of foreclosure freeze. But who cares! life just goes on. I love this forum and I am happy to be a member here.
    Nida Harpster

4. Back To Top    #4

Call PT. That doesn't sound like they followed proper procedures.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

5. Back To Top    #5

I found this...sounds like they followed it properly:

http://www.mmgtx.com/pool-start-up-PF.htm

Quote Originally Posted by PoolGuyNJ
    Call PT. That doesn't sound like they followed proper procedures.

Scott
    Nida Harpster

6. Back To Top    #6

What you are experiencing is why an acid wash is needed before filling.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC