Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Polaris Sweep shoots water out of tail

1. Back To Top    #1

Polaris Sweep shoots water out of tail

Hi,

I have a Polaris 280 and when it's working, it splashes water all the way to my windows, about 10' (leaving a water stain).
    The pool guy recommended a 'weight' for the sweep. The photo (see link) shows the weight at the beginning of the tail and not at the end like I thought it was suppose to be.

What do I need to do to resolve this issue? How can I modify the tail (if need be)?

Thanks in advance.

http://pix.kg/p/628722432507%3A213397418/sct
    25k gallon kidney shaped pool
    1 hp pump
    cartridge filter (4 cartridges)
    jandy deck jets

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Polaris Sweep shoots water out of tail

The tail should have a scrubber on the very end. That's just a cylinder shaped sponge that fits over the very end. That will help some due to the added weight of the wet sponge. When the 280 climbs the wall and starts down again the tail usually sprays water out and I'm not sure you can stop that completely.

You can adjust the amount of water going to the tail by turning the adjusting screw. The tail should just sway slowly from side to side. If it is whipping around or comes off the bottom as it sweeps you need to reduce the water flow by turning the adjusting screw clockwise about 1/2 turn at a time until you get it right.

P.S. You can buy the tail scrubber at any pool supply store, but they charge $3.00 for a 5 cent piece of sponge.
    20' x 40' IG with vinyl liner volume approx. 35,000 gal.1.5 H.P. main pump, Polaris 280 cleaner W/ 3/4 H.P. booster pump
    Hayward sand filter, 3.14 sq ft, 62 gpm. Stenner 45 MPH10 chlorine feed pump. 1 micron final filter bags (home made and very effective)

3. Back To Top    #3

There is a stainless screw for adjusting the strength of the tail's water flow. Just tighten it some and the tail will quit sweeping so hard.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

4. Back To Top    #4

Or get one of these!

[attachment=0:2hieweag]tailsweeppro(2).JPG[/attachment:2hieweag]

It will work more efficiently and with the built in diffuser, will reduce the spraying of the windows.
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Back To Top    #5

where can I purchase one of these?
    25k gallon kidney shaped pool
    1 hp pump
    cartridge filter (4 cartridges)
    jandy deck jets

6. Back To Top    #6

Should be able to pick it up from any local Polaris retailer, p/n: TSP100. It's new, so don't be surprised if you get a funny or sideways look

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

not in our warehouses yet bro