Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Lights not working

1. Back To Top    #1

Lights not working

I have an Liesure Bay hot tub with a G2 circuit board / control from 2003.

I was having problems with OH codes after bringing my spa up over the summer. I ended up sending my circuitboard and controller out for repair. The OH code issue is now fixed.

I now see a problem that neither of the two lights are working. These lights haven't been turned on for 8 months. When pressing the light button on the controller, I hear a clicking coming from the board.

BTW...I rechecked all the connectors based on the diagram on the circuit box (including hooking up the 4 prong light cord back to the circuit board).

So...is there any testing multi-meter testing I can do on the light outputs (or lights themselves)? I have tried measuring low voltage DC coming from the prongs on the light board but I get nothing.
    17K gal, IG outdoor uncaged crystalcrete (yr 2002), 1 1/2 HP pump, Hayward 1750C cartridge filter, Hayward SwimPure SWG, No autocleaning --- Southwest Florida

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Lights not working

If you know you have power to the lights but they aren't coming on, its the bulbs. If there is no power to the lights, it's the relays.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

Are all spa lights some sort of 12V DC? My lights have a couple of settings...low lights, vary color, etc. Is all his controlled through low voltage DC?
    17K gal, IG outdoor uncaged crystalcrete (yr 2002), 1 1/2 HP pump, Hayward 1750C cartridge filter, Hayward SwimPure SWG, No autocleaning --- Southwest Florida

4. Back To Top    #4

Could be 12VDC, could be 24 VAC or 120VAC. I would have to look at the schematic on the access panel. It would say there.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

5. Back To Top    #5

I believe it is Leisure Bay Sub Light Board 20398.

http://www.spacare.com/LeisureBaySubLig ... 20398.aspx