PVC(?) reducer fitment issue

Jun 5, 2009
Don't search my old threads to see how long I've meant to do this. :oops:

The fitting on the side of our pool...

file.php

used to be plumbed for a pressure cleaner. I'm changing it from the below to a 1.5" at pool to 2" to the filter so it can be used for vaccuumw/ a baracuda.

file.php

I assembled a 45, a bit of pipe, a 90 and a 2 to 1.5 reducer.

But the reducer wouldn't go over the 1.5 coming out of the side of the pool.

I sanded the i.d. of the reducer probably 50 htousandths of an inch until it would. Now that's not normal, certainly.

Is it possible the pipe out of the pool is ABS or something that won't seal w/ Red-Hot glue to the PVC reducer?

(yes, I only post up w/ odd questions; sorry)

Attachments

• DSCF3799-edit.jpg
    DSCF3799-edit.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 102
  • DSCF3801-edit.jpg
    DSCF3801-edit.jpg
    486.1 KB · Views: 102
Well, the local pool supply store staff seems to think based on my email of pics that the pipe is standard PVC and I may proceed.

My only regret (outside of dragging time on this project) is I didn't go with sweep 90 and sweep 45 pieces. So be it.

Ok well I am a little confused then. You have fitting inside pool already. You mean outside the pool then?

That does look like standard PVC. Sanding it a little won't hurt at all. Probably some imperfection. Go for it. Since its vac, there is no real pressure

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.