Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: salt water system or chlorine

1. Back To Top    #1

salt water system or chlorine

We are installing a new inground pool in Pennsylvania (central). We have never own a salt system, our PB is highly recommending one instead of a traditional chlorine system. Any recommendations would greatly be appreciated before I decide to put down money on a contract. Glad I found this site!

Thanks
    Wheelman
    Simply, we find, hire and train the most talented individuals possible and we work hard to keep them.
    Autoform

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: salt water system or chlorine

A salt water system uses chlorine but it produced at the cell through electrolysis.
    Some good reading: pool-school/salt_water_chlorine_generators

I strongly recommend one it makes pool care much easier. No lugging jugs of chemicals (bleach) to the pool, and it maintains a more consistent chlorine level in the pool. They typically run in conjunction with the pool pump.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by wheelman73
    We are installing a new inground pool in Pennsylvania (central). We have never own a salt system, our PB is highly recommending one instead of a traditional chlorine system. Any recommendations would greatly be appreciated before I decide to put down money on a contract. Glad I found this site!

Thanks
    Wheelman
    Does PB mean a tablet feeder when you say "traditional chlorine system"? If so, SWG is world's better. If he means a reservoir and a pump, it's still better. You add salt and let it run. "Refill" once a year...
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

Refill means to top off salt level due to splash out or draining to waste/backwashing, not a full drain and refill. That's another nice thing about SWCG. The salt doesn't evaporate or go away.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida